Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It Takes a Warm Smile (Braum x Lissandra)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ark Angel HFB

06-23-2014

Quote:
AskBloodHunter:

She's seriously blind then how does she see most of the time?!

I didn't make the character... I'm just saying she is blind in the canon lore...

I don't even like it... but yeah.

AskBloodHunter

06-23-2014

Quote:
Ark Angel HFB:
I didn't make the character... I'm just saying she is blind in the canon lore...

I don't even like it... but yeah.

...really riot I mean really! Holy Christ that's pretty confusing mate.

5aiken

06-27-2014

My apologies. when I was writing this I was unaware that she was blind. I can't ever find where the official lore for the champs are anymore since they changed the site -_- I'll edit it so that it makes more sense.

TGM Quester Pro

06-27-2014

You know your story could just as easily be 'alternate lore' to the canon... rather than changing your already amazing story.

Just sayin'!

5aiken

06-28-2014

The next day Braum woke up in his usual demeanor, cheerful and optimistic to a fault; and it's only 4am. after eating his usual breakfast - consisting of a barrel of Poro milk, two dozen eggs and an entire loaf of bread - Braum set out to save the Freljord from whatever may happen and to keep his promise to Lissandra. On his way up to the Howling Abyss Braum had managed to avert a flood from the destruction of a dam, prevent a forest fire from spreading out of control, and even helped Ashe practice her archery - she can still use some help with her Enchanted Crystal Arrow's aiming.

Finding that there were no further emergencies, he made his way up to the Howling Abyss. It didn't take him much time to climb to the summit and reached it by around noon. When he arrived to the entrance of the Howling Abyss he awaited for Lissandra to meet him. Braum is very patient and having the company of Poros helped keep him amused until Lissandra decides to reveal herself again.

"You really must be a fool to have returned here." Lissandra says as she materializes in front of Braum with her arms loosely crossed in front of her stomach.

"I always keep my promises. Especially to beautiful women!" Braum replies with a large smile across his face.

Lissandra remained calm and prepared herself for what he might do next. Three of the Poros that had accompanied Braum had obliviously approached Lissandra and were nudging her in the most adorable way. This was slightly agitating to Lissandra as she views these creatures as vermin.

"So what is it that brought you here this time? I don't suppose that you are here to slay a 'monster' again?" Lissandra said, referencing to herself in almost a pleased manner.

Braum frowning slightly at her meaning, "Beautiful woman should never call herself 'monster'" he replied. "Ah but I was almost of the forgetting! Look I brought something for beautiful Lissandra". Lissandra was caught by surprise yet again; confounded by how utterly different this man is treating her. She is curious as to what he might have brought her, does he even know of her ailments? Braum opened his bag and presented a stole made from the finest of furs he could find.

"Braum knows beautiful woman lives in freezing abyss, but sometimes you must get cold, yes? I brought this for you for extra harsh nights."

Lissandra simply stood before him with her arms remaining crossed. Of course he wouldn't know she couldn't see, but she still knew what he had brought her. Even though she may be blind, the powers that the Watchers had given her allowed her unconventional vision. She may no longer be able to see through her own eyes, but the crown she wears allows her to see through the eyes of those that are her allies and those that are able to see her crown.

"And what should I do with that?" she said coldly. This time Braum was caught off guard by her remark.

Lissandra slowly making her way to Braum and almost attacking him with his words, "You really are a fool. Not only are you a fool, you are an idiot. Why is it, do you think, that I care not for the cold? Why is it that I care not for the blistering winds? Do you even know?"

Braum remained stoic and weathered her assaults. He was intently listening to her, not much is known about Lissandra so he decided any information she would freely give about her he thought best to listen carefully.

"I can no longer feel the warmth of the sun, nor feel the chilling Freljord air. I cannot feel the snow fall upon my face, nor the howling winds biting my skin. I cannot feel the softness of these furs, nor the touch of another. I cannot feel, mortal man. I cannot feel anything!" slapping the stole out of Braum's hand into the snow.

Braum after a pause, "Braum understands. But, just because beautiful woman cannot feel what touches skin (gently caressing her face) does not mean she cannot feel what touches heart (places right hand over his heart)."

Lissandra flustered and frustrated at his remark, "don't touch me!" strikes Braum's hand away. "What do you know of what I feel? I should kill you for your transgression!"

Braum became encased in ice with his head still free; spears of ice erupted all around the both of them. Lissandra, having fashioned a spear of ice and threatening to pierce Braum's neck with it is breathing heavily as she stares at Braum's face.

"If that is what beautiful woman wants-" Braum is interrupted.

"Stop calling me that you infuriating man! I am Lissandra, the Ice Witch! I am no frail maiden awaiting her knight to come take me away."

"I did not mean to make Lissandra angry. I only mean for you to be happy."

Gazing at herself through his eyes she could see his face reflecting in her visor and could see him smiling. How could he still be smiling with his life being threatened? He couldn't possibly be sincere in his words. No one would dare to willingly be her ally, let alone friend, but he did. But why? For what purpose? Lissandra couldn't answer these questions as she gazes at his smile reflecting off her visor, wondering why this man is smiling for her. 'It would be better to kill him and be done with him', she thought. Unable to think clearly she shatters the ice into dust in a fit of anger.

"Know that I only spared your life so that I may understand this insanity of yours." she said facing away from him.

"Very generous of you, beautiful Ice Witch Lissandra." Braum said with a smile.

Lissandra scoffed at him then vanished into the snow.

Braum, sitting in the snow petting a couple of the Poros as he stares in the direction of where Lissandra once was then to one of the Poros, "That went pretty good, no?"

Back at her lair, Lissandra is brooding trying to get her mind off of Braum and his ridiculous smile. However, each time she would begin a thought, the image of his smile reflecting off her visor would pop back into her mind. Then, she had an idea - for their next encounter, she would pay Braum a visit.

5aiken

06-28-2014

Quote:
TGM Quester Pro:
You know your story could just as easily be 'alternate lore' to the canon... rather than changing your already amazing story.

Just sayin'!

thanks! though I was able to use that to add an interesting element to her character. Hope everyone likes the newest chapter posted today!

IPlayChampions

06-28-2014

I think you mastered their personalities.

+1

Besides that, in the first chapter, I think Lissandra's laugh should be "hahaha" as opposed to "hohoho."

I don't know, "hohoho" just seems too manly to me. Just my two cents.

Some editing here...
Multiple times when you type "poros" you add an unnecessary apostrophe, like this: "poro's." That would suggest it is being used as "poro is" as opposed to multiple poros.

"Lissandra remained calm and prepared herself for what he might do next. Three of the Poro's that had accompanied Braum had obliviously approached Lissandra and were nudging her in the most adorable way, as Poro's normally do. This was slightly agitating to Lissandra as she views these creatures as vermin."

In this paragraph, "poros" is used incorrectly twice. Also, I don't think they should be capitalized as if they were "poro" was a proper noun. Furthermore, I think the last sentence sounds a bit out of place. I'm going to revise it in a way I think would be more fluent.

"Lissandra remained calm and prepared herself for what he might do next. Three of the poros that had accompanied Braum had obliviously approached Lissandra, nudging her in a most adorable way. It slightly agitated Lissandra; she viewed the creatures as vermin."

I removed the "as poros normally do" at the end of the second sentence. I think it provided too much information; the behaviour of poros is already shown, it doesn't need to be explained. I tweaked the end sentence as well, as I said I would, so it would not seem so explanatory.

AskBloodHunter

06-28-2014

*girlish amazing even though I'm a bro*

AAAAAAAAYYYYEEE!!

Another fine chapter, man I'm going to read this everyday, over, and over. Another excellent chapter good man, good show I say, good show!!

5aiken

06-28-2014

thanks you guys!

as to the 'hohoho' laugh, I did that because she does laugh like that in one of her voice overs, though I guess it's more of an 'oh-hohoho'

and about the 'Poro's' I do make that mistake often and I realize it after I make them haha. it's mainly habit due to English being a horrid language -_-

Reina Kissryil

06-29-2014

I like how you portrayed my favorite mid laner. Lissandra was my first 0////0 (Blushes)

Though personally I think you portray her as "womanly" rather than "Terrifyingly Beautiful" if you get my meaning. Though I do like this chapter and im looking forward to reading the next one.

A word of advice, writing is no walk in the park...slow down and take your time, don't rush it. You will see amazing results.

But other than that, interesting addition.