Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It Takes a Warm Smile (Braum x Lissandra)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5aiken

06-18-2014

Today was just an average day for Braum, the Heart of the Freljord; averting an avalanche, quelling the fury of a fierce dragon and even saving a family of Poros all before breakfast. Braum quenched his thirst after his morning duties with a pint of warm milk and continued to his next heroic feat. High atop the mountains is where his path led. The howling winds and blistering cold didn't bother Braum in the slightest - with his trusty indestructible door to whether the winds and the company of Poros to keep him warm he marched ever onward with his usual smile. There were rumors of a terrifying monster living high in the mountains and he sought to vanquish it before it could cause more harm to the people of the Freljord.

Higher he climbed to the summit of the Howling Abyss where the monster was rumored to dwell. Upon laying his sight on the ancient battlefield where his ancestors fought and died for the freedom he enjoys today, he could not help but kneel in a moment of silence to pay his respects for the fallen heroes.

"It is not often one wanders into the the domain of the Watchers."

Braum sprung to his feet and readied his door for any assault. The echoing of the voice and the howling of the wind made it impossible to discern there the voice had come from.

"Hohoho! A lively one you are! Tell me, what business do you have here?"

"I have come to slay monster, so no more harm comes to people of Freljord", Braum replied earnestly.

"To slay a monster you say? I don't know about a monster, but there is most definitely..."

Just mere meters in front of Braum ice swiftly erupted from the ground and took on the form of a beautiful woman clad in dark robes and wore a crown of ice atop lustrous white hair.

"A witch that lives here" Lissandra continued.

Braum was taken aback by her sudden appearance but remained stoic. Lissandra started to slowly circle Braum, as if inspecting him.

"I ask again, who is it that wanders so boldly into the realm of the Watchers?"

Braum plants his door into the ground confidently, "My name is Braum. I did not mean harm for my trespassing." Braum couldn't help but smile at Lissandra.

Lissandra became quite curious of Braum. She could tell that this buffoon was smiling at her due to his intonation. She could barely remember what a smile even looks like and couldn't remember what it was like to be spoken to civilly.

"How interesting..", Lissandra rematerialized on the opposite side of Braum from where she was circling "You are either very foolish or very brave to remain as calm as you are in my presence. Are you even aware of who I am?"

"Of course!" Braum replied, "You are beautiful mountain ice-witch, Lissandra. I have heard many stories of you! Your stories are very terrifying, but Braum thinks they not all true. If they were, Beautiful ice-witch Lissandra would have already killed me! Hahaha!"

Lissandra wasn't prepared for his response. She still couldn't tell if if was either an idiot, brave or possibly being honest. "Is that so? I could bury you in ice right now if I so wish it!"

Spears of ice erupted around Braum, making it impossible for him to move. He kept on smiling at Lissandra, he was certain that she wouldn't harm him. Seeing her attempt to intimidate him wasn't working she lowered the spears of ice and freed Braum.

"You are an infuriating creature", Lissandra scowled.

"It was not intention to anger such beautiful woman", Braum said as he bowed to Lissandra.

Lissandra, flustered by his words, cast razor sharp shards of ice at Braum. He effortlessly blocked them with his door, still wearing his smile.

"Braum is sorry for making beautiful woman mad. Will try to not do again." He said jovially.

Lissandra regains her composure and decides it would be best to simply leave him out here in the cold and hope that he'll freeze to death. Anything would be better than suffering more of his presence.

"I take my leave of you."

"No problem! Braum must be leaving now. If Beautiful Lissandra says there is no monster living here then Braum should go help the remaining of the Freljord!" he said with a huge smile. With that Lissandra dematerializes into the snow and out from his sight. "Braum come back tomorrow and talk more with Beautiful witch, yes? OK! I go now!" Braum yelled into the blizzard. He then hopped onto his door and surfed his way down the mountain.

Lissandra from atop her frozen empire could still hear his last words. The thought of suffering through another confrontation with that lowly mortal seemed almost unbearable to her. Yet she found it comforting that, for the first time since she could remember, someone actually took the time to speak to her and treated her as an individual. If he did come back, which she was certain he would knowing what a foolhardy person he appeared to be, the next meeting would certainly hold some entertainment for her.

Grievous77

06-18-2014

I like it,no grammar errors, fine poetry of Lissandra backing off. I like how you didn't just make go all googoo eyes when seeing him but her vicious self but the. Softens a bit so I like it and how Braum kept his cool.

And I love how you mentioned...
Poros.

Reina Kissryil

06-19-2014

Hmm...I'm not an expert on Braum, but I do like the story so far. Please continue this.

Grievous77

06-19-2014

Yes, Reina. I support Braum x Lissandra now, and maybe Braum x sejuani but depends.

5aiken

06-19-2014

Aww thanks you guys! And yes there will be more Poros!

Grievous77

06-19-2014

Yay! But yeah I support this now, I'm gonna start shipping this. And if you make a sej story with Braum...oh

Ho ho ho, ho and you'll make my day

5aiken

06-19-2014

hehe you're giving me delicious ideas for later in the story if it develops that far and yay support!

Grievous77

06-20-2014

Yay!!

Ark Angel HFB

06-23-2014

Hate to be "That guy" but...

Lissandra is blind... Canon lore wise...

Just throwing that out there.

Other than that I enjoyed this a lot.

AskBloodHunter

06-23-2014

She's seriously blind then how does she see most of the time?!