Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Petition for a server for the East Coast

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Degleon

06-18-2014

I do not know about you guys, but as far as the East Coast goes, our game quality can sometimes if not always be a nightmare. Is it my computer? I wish, because if it were my computer or my high speed internet, I could fix that myself, but lately I have been seeing more and more giant ping spikes, sometimes once or twice I seen it go as far as above 7,000, which results in the following game play changes:
Sometimes it can take over 3 seconds for the actions you command your champion to actually take place, and when the server actually notices it, it actually "rewinds" back to when you cast that action and then "fast forwards" to the present.

Sometimes your champion will be stuck or it will take a lot of effort to cause them to move, which makes it an ordeal to actually go back to the turret as it spikes up randomly, which it seems to do as you approach other enemy champions.

Sometimes actions actually do not get registered, and you might have to actually hit it again several times until the spike resolves.

Sometimes you get disconnected from the servers.

Note these are not just all of the things I experienced, I read about other players experiencing similar problems like these as well.

I honestly have little to no doubts that Riot is short in funds to actually afford a new server, I can hardly imagine how many millions (billions?) of dollars they make from their wonderful selection of skins and whatever else RP is used for, but I find it a huge discrimination against anyone who does not live next to their headquarters, primarily everyone in the East.

ALSO:
If Europe can have two servers for both the East and West halves, I see absolutely no reason why North America cant either, not to brag or harp on United States, but it is one of the most wasteful and technological demanding countries in the world, the country literally chews up in some cities more oil and electricity than a small country does in a year but in a day.

Here2Stay

06-18-2014

Where do you live? I live in New York, and the circumstances you described haven't been too bad for me. Again, I do not play a lot, so I probably do not provide the most accurate insight.
Everything you happened has happened to me of course, just not that much recently, aside from a disconnect and a few ping booms

Degleon

06-18-2014

MA for me, literally one of the farthest places away from the servers and I have been playing a lot so it is frequent enough for me to notice, it is not every game that causes those nightmares, but it has been getting more rampant.

Ansem

06-18-2014

I'm content with just the NA server, honestly.

P4ssion

06-18-2014

I live in NY and I've been having high ping recently. I don't think its my internet but i heard they are making a server for east coast soon so I'm excited.

Civisian

06-18-2014

Maybe this would end the Comcast problems, too?

Xyrec

06-18-2014

I think if anything there should be a petition to move the server to a central location like chicago. A friend of mine that lives in salt lake city gets 60 ping while me and another guy i game with a lot that live more east get 100-110.

C9 is Life

06-18-2014

I live in florida and it happens to me as well..

Whiskey Way

06-18-2014

Quote:
Slurpeess:
I live in florida and it happens to me as well..

Same, Florida as well.

PlatinumDreams

06-19-2014

I live in Indiana and have experienced server problems as well