malady = LoL's sange yasha ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

01-15-2010

Udyr benefits from Malady quite well. Not only does he desperately need the attack speed, but the lifesteal is very helpful and his tiger stance triples the damage malady gives. +90 damage is very, very awesome.

jermstuddog

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Udyr benefits from Malady quite well. Not only does he desperately need the attack speed, but the lifesteal is very helpful and his tiger stance triples the damage malady gives. +90 damage is very, very awesome.
This has already been proven wrong.

In tiger stance Malady procs once per triple attack.

I would say go with something more useful as turtle stance gives you all the life steal you should need. Maybe Zeal since chasing speed is huge on him.

If you are going for Phoenix proc spam, then the Mundo argument applies, but I would STILL go for Zeal first. Maybe a late game Malady then.

Solus

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermstuddog View Post
This has already been proven wrong.

In tiger stance Malady procs once per triple attack.

I would say go with something more useful as turtle stance gives you all the life steal you should need. Maybe Zeal since chasing speed is huge on him.
If that's the case then bloodrazor would probably be a better first item for him.

Melonyan

01-15-2010

Malady is ****. Even the grossly underrated wits end is better. Buy a last whisper, or a wits, and then get a vamp scepter if you want lifesteal. Turn the vamp scepter in to a starks if the game goes for a long duration, now thats helping your team, not this malady ****. Everytime I get killed and malady is part of the equation it's like "Autoattack 900, random nukes/spells 600, malady 30-80". You really think malady helped much there? Wits does 42 on the first hit and you can potentially drain someones mana , and I'll tell you right now that a ton of heroes become insanely screwed with no mana. I honestly don't think I've ever had a death recap where malady did more than 100 damage to me whereas I've seen tons where I've taken 800+ from autoattacks and only 60 or so from malady. It's just not really even part of the equation as to why you killed someone and you're better off getting any other aspd item.

JunkRamen

01-15-2010

I like LW better on Udyr. He's an good tower killer and LW is great for tower killing.

Tarion

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
People don't realize that base attack speed increases with level. Attack speed multiplier items, though cheap they may be, don't really increase the number of attacks per second of a champion until late game.
This is wrong, at least in the case of most characters.

Base speed doesn't increase, but they get a bonus to it. This bonus is not multiplied by +attack speed weapons, they just boost based on your base speed.

EasymodeX

01-15-2010

Malady is good for champs that consecutively attack a target quickly and use a proc-based damage strategy (instead of a DPS * crit * armor pen strat).

Malady + Wit's on Phoenix/Udyr is some raw pwnface for example (large fraction of damage does not scale with crit, and some doesn't scale with ArPen).

Most champs aren't in the business of consecutive proc-based attacks. Many ASPD champs are more aligned to crit/arpen (YI) for maximum damage multipliers.

Those who are can use Malady effectively.

Holypope

01-15-2010

Malady: early-mid game, single target, 2v2:

At this point of the game, a fight can last long enough to make malady count. If malady is your 1st item, you're increasing your DPS by 50% (minus other speed boosts per build & character). In the 2v2, you're not only increasing YOUR DPS, but your allies as well. On this note, I'm pretty sure you get all the credit for malady damage caused by anyone, as I've gotten killing blows on enemies I certainly did not last hit (but had malady debuffs on them).

Mid-Late Team fight:
Far less useful. Unless you're twitch and hitting the whole team at the same time with your basic attack, the damage proc is trivial. Even as Twitch, it's not a great late game item... there's just too many better attack speed items.

Jothki

01-15-2010

As Mundo, I'd rather just save up for a Stark's. He hits slowly and hard enough that the extra damage is going to be worthless, and the aura will help his team more.

EasymodeX

01-15-2010

During early and mid game, you gank people or harass / finish them with burst damage.

You only spam autoattacks in early game if you're talking a low skill level, no offense, or someone makes a ******ed error.