[Open RP Event] Invitation to D'Cardin Manor.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slovakattack

01-21-2011

Varroq glanced up as Xanxus and Yuu approached his chair.

"No weapons." Xanxus growled. "Please. This lord's security is pathetic." Xanxus went over to the buffet table and slipped a carving knife up his sleeve discreetly.

"..." Said Yuu.

Varroq looked at the two of them and sighed. He knew the look in their eyes, (he had been young once too, dammit!)

"You two are free for the evening. Do whatever you want."

Xanxus and Yuu looked at him in surprise, then quickly bowed and left him sitting against the wall.

"You DO know that they're-

"Yes Surquil. I know."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"For now...nothing."

"...That's unlike you."

Varroq smiled evilly "I'm just saving it for a rainy day."

"...Did Liliana rub off on you?"

"Don't talk to me about Liliana." Varroq growled, then looked up as Darkflare approached him and made a snide comment about punching. Varroq rolled his eyes and winked.

Kahzel

01-21-2011

((@Munchlord: Yes, i took the time to read the post, and the only purpose of that was for the ego.))

Motas

01-21-2011

Interesting, it's unlike Munchlord to want others to come to his manor...

Curious as to why he would do that, Motas decided he would pay a visit to the Manor and investigate. Knowing the place was tight in security among other things, Motas was sure that Munchlord wouldn't have a problem with his preferred method of entering. Nearing the Manor entrance, Motas opened up a portal and walked inside, the exit being the main hall where Munchlord would be awaiting the arriving guests.

The portal opened and Motas stepped out, trying to be as discrete as he could, he didn't like to bring attention to himself. He found himself a nice corner of the room and leaned up against the wall, there he waited for the event to begin.

Let's see what the illustrious Munchlord has in store for me today...

Koragon

01-21-2011

Scarr looks over to Jacob, giving a wide smirk.
"Noxian's are quite annoying, but I give them credit. At least they are open about their corruption, right?"
Scarr stretched his arms behind his back as he continued to walk forward, a few cracks in his back sounding out as he looked to his experimental brother.
"So, you going to lead me in?"

NecroticBinder

01-21-2011

Remwald silently watches deadeye taking note of all the names he writes down and attempts to put the name with the faces.
((I'll just follow deadeye in when he goes in))

Sapphyrite

01-21-2011

Suddenly, Caelestes raised a brow, turning to look at Xanxus and Yuu. "My, my, it seems some children are misbehaving~ Shall I scold them for you, my ~Lord~?~"

He walked up to them, a polite smile on his lips. With a nonchalant gesture, he pointed at Xanxus' sleeve. "My, my, aren't we misbehaving, kids? You shouldn't play with pointy objects, you may get hurt~".

The knife started moving fluently, floating in Caelestes' bejeweled hand. "There is more than meets the eye in my ~Lord's~ manor, gentlemen. Well, have a good evening~" he said softly, turning back and making his way back to Munchlord.

"Voila~" He said, chuckling.

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

Kios Anim's inhumanly keen senses alerted him to the sound of arriving guests, even before a guard, strangely familiar for someone Kios had never met before, arrived to announce it to him. The Marshal of the Preservers and his executive officer, Major Abigail Tennyson had arrived to the party hours earlier to discuss finances and membership in the Preservers with Munchlord and Calypso. The two of them followed the guard and entered the banquet hall.

Kios was wearing his usual outfit, the gleaming armor of Haelion Bastion, a navy blue and gold breastplate with a fine chain shirt and crimson swordsman's robe underneath. He had left his magic cloak in the guest room, per Munchlord's request. No need to wear a magical weapons locker if he wasn't bringing any weapons. Instead, attached to his belt was the gold baton of a Field Marshal. The rank was new, thanks to the persuasion of his fellow Preservers, Kios had been promoted to match the number of soldiers he now commanded.

This was not the only visible change on Kios person. The Ionian's normally dark eyes now blazed crimson, a sharp and deadly contrast to the serenity of the rest of his face. The eyes were uncontrollable, a part of the terrible oath of vengeance that he had made less than a week ago. Kios was glad that the existence of such oaths was known to only a few living souls. Otherwise, the very power it gave him would not make up for its detriment to his dark mission.

Standing beside Kios, Abigail Tennyson had forgone her normal armor or dress uniform for a beautiful dress made out of blue silk with silver embroidery. Her long honey-colored hair was braided elaborately and tied with small blue ribbons in an intricate pattern down its length. She shifted awkwardly, not liking the light feeling of her waist without the trusty weight of her saber at her side. Still, she had been trained (reluctantly) as a diplomat and knew when to leave her pigsticker back in her own room along with her uniform. Besides, it was nice to keep up with the latest fashion and her recent increase in pay grade made that even more possible.

Abigail beamed as she saw Pern and Khay enter the room. She waited until Munchlord finished greeting them to dash over to the pair and greet them; smiling broadly at the Grey Liege as she embraced Khay in a huge hug.

"Pern! Khay! It's bloody good t'see you! I'm glad y'didn't get too much work that y'couldn't come! I say, that's an absolutely gorgeous dress! I'd say you've trained Pern pretty flippin' well, considering how much he like t'spoil you!"

Kios smiled slightly at his executive officer's antics. It was good to see her smiling again. He knew how much his pact scared her and did not like causing so much pain for his closest friend, but it needed to be done.

It took Kios less than a second to gauge every person in the room, identifying those he knew while noting to meet those he did not. After that brief moment, Kios moved smoothly to join Abigail in greeting their friends.

"Greetings, my friends. I am glad to see you both came. How was your journey?" Kios' words, while far more sedate than Abigail's, carried as much genuine warmth as he met with his fellow Preserver. Kios thought on how terrible, yet mercifully brief his falling out with Pern had been. It was good to have that behind them now.

((Abigail's dress, for those who are interested.))
((Kios Anim and Abigail Tennyson))

Slovakattack

01-21-2011

Xanxus grumbled as the knife slid from his sleeve and into the hands of the butler. His respect for Munchlord rose a notch. Yuu tugged on his arm and led him away to the grounds. It was a chance for them to be alone, and neither of them would pass it up for the world.

Varroq's head rose sharply as a soft intake of breath projected from his amulet.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking at the amulet as if he were staring directly at Surquil, (which, of course, he technically was.)

"...Kios. What have you done?!" Surquil whispered softly.

Did you ignore my warning? What....

"Surquil! What are you talking about?"

...There is a time and place for this. Not here and not now. I will need to have a talk with Kios later. A long talk."

Varroq pondered Surquil's words as he resumed his meditation.

"Kios." He thought. "What have you done?"

ipleadthefif208

01-21-2011

Isildur found the alcohol fairly quickly helping himself. as he sat drinking he looked at the guest. All of them are Preservers or have dealings with them strange. He walked up to varroq wanting to start up a conversation. his guard followed in toe as always.
"Hello comrade"

o0sniper50o

01-21-2011

Wong Ling Ling, Pern, Kahzel, Caelestes, and Kios as well.

Deadeye scribbled each name as they arrived in his notebook along with a few details on what they were wearing, not even bothering with the person who was so intent on watching him. He could tell when somebody was there, it was something one got used to in his line of work but admitedly, the observer was pretty good at his job. Not that he would see much besides a list of names, one always had to make sure that the knowledge you secretly obtained stayed a secret.

"I know you're there." Deadeye didn't even glance up his notebook before saying this. "I'm not really sure what you find so interesting, it's just a list of people who decided to come to the party. If you're going to go in I'd suggest you go in."

Not bothering to wait for a reply, Deadeye walked to a nearby wall where some shadows were cast so that there'd be a lesser chance of anyone bothering him. Of course the guards would still be able to see where he was, they were certainly better than the ones Liliana had in her employ. Regardless, Deadeye was a paranoid man and always held a motive behind everyone's actions, it would be safer to deal with them that way.