Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vince's Piltover Lab (Closed/Invitational RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

07-08-2014

Other Side

Sigmund glanced toward Lily and shook his head. "No. This is solely his memory. I was out for this part. Though I guess I've repeated the dream often enough over the past week to know where we are."

He grimaced and gestured in the direction of the werewolf's cage. "About thirty feet that way, this forest ends. Beyond that is a small village whose people just discovered they were on the menu, and that newly-turned werewolves don't generally let food get away."

He sighed. "No matter how he's able to do it, we're here on his terms, when the animal's the strongest. If it's anything like when the dreams have brought me here, things might...blur... in here, especially as we get closer to him. You two should be fine, but I've obviously never taken anyone else into dreams with me to be sure. We're kind of in uncharted territory, in the same way that the sky is a little blue." He looked up, to where the sky was an angry red color, with no trace of blue in it. "Usually."

He shrugged and glanced from Vince to Lily. "You're the guests. It's your call. What do you want to do?"

Grand Viper

07-08-2014

Other Side

Vince cupped his jaw and started to think on the next course of action. He looked at Lily and winced at her. "Lily...?"

"It'll be fine."

Lily pulled away from Sigmund and reached behind her. A hunting rifle materialized in her hands. She pulled the bolt back out of habit and inserted a bullet the size of one's middle finger into it.

"We know she won't let me die, you go to the cage and I'll go and-"

"You'll overreact because you are going to be fighting a monster with a monster, and if you do something stupid, Vanessa will make you remember it." Frost crisped from her soulless eyes as she shot a glare at her husband. "But of course I could be wrong, but there's also a reason why you're still going to the latrine sitting, yes?"

Vince shuddered and started to furiously scratch at the side of his face. "I think we can skip telling Sigmund that, thank you very much."

"Besides, the werewolf cannot harm me or else it will get entrapped in a new, much worse prison." Lily clacked the bolt in place and looked down the sight of her rifle. "So you go with Sigmund out the other side, I'll go investigate the village, after Sigmund directs me to it if he may do so kindly, I'll have a nice chat with the entity just like the last time, and if anything is amiss, I'll snap back to your arm. Are we clear?"

"Yes dear..."

"Sigmund, does this plan make sense?"

Bright Oblivion

07-08-2014

Other Side

Sigmund shrugged. "I guess. Although you're probably going to find him a lot less conversational than what you were dealing with last time. I'm not even sure if he can chat."

He jerked his head in the direction he'd been pointing. "All you have to do is leave the forest. Once you do that, the village should be pretty obvious. Even if it isn't, you just have to follow the debris. Werewolf attacks aren't exactly subtle."

He glanced warily at the rifle, just now registering its presence. "Can you please be careful with that? You may not be able to be hurt in here, but I most certainly can. And I'm pretty sure if he, it, whatever, suddenly stops being in here, or bullets go flying around my mindscape, the results aren't going to be pleasant."

"All I ask," he added before she could take offense, "is that you remember that I'm the one who has to live with whatever you do while you're here."

Grand Viper

07-08-2014

Lily nodded and smiled at Sigmund. "Of course, Sigmund. I'm not going to be irresponsible. You're a friend of ours, I do my best not to mistreat my friends." She turned her head in the direction he had pointed at as she said, "That's Vince's job."

Vince blinked and snorted in surprise. "Wait what? Why are we pulling me into this?"

"Sorry dear, I'm off hunting."

"You're the one that gave Emily a tail!"

"Only because you did not label the cupboard. Hence it's your fault."

"You are not supposed to be touching stuff! I remember where I put things, you scatterbrain!"

Lily gave Vince a wave and hollered, "Can't hear you, dear, I'm busy hunting!" before she started to walk towards the village.

Vince rolled his eyes and threw his hand up. However, Sigmund would see the sculptor's eyes lower and watch with an intense interest at his wife's backside.

"And you can stop staring!"

Vince snapped his gaze upwards and called back, "Yes, dear!"

With that done, he glanced at Sigmund and motioned towards the veil. "So, shall we investigate, detective Sigmund?"

Bright Oblivion

07-08-2014

Vince and Sigmund

As Vince was caught staring at his wife's backside, Sigmund smirked and rolled his eyes, his first expression of amusement since entering the lab. "Never can get away with that," he noted with wry amusement. "Doesn't seem to stop us from trying, though."

When Vince looked back at the barrier, he would find that, apart from the area around and above Sigmund's foot, it appeared as though the forest continued on without pause or consideration for spatial requirements. "Told you it was like a curtain," Sigmund muttered, pushing against it and reopening the way back into his mindscape proper.

"Though I'm not sure what all we're going to find out here."

Lily

Lily would reach the edge of the forest without incident, except that the temperature had seemed to drop almost five degrees from where she had left Vince and Sigmund to where she currently stood. About thirty yards in front of her, she would see the edges of the village, its houses made of wood and thatch. As Sigmund had said, its presence was fairly obvious on the otherwise flat landscape.

Were she to look at the ground, she would note that, like the trees in the forest, nearly half of the plants in the space between herself and the village were dead or dying. Grass was dead, flowers were wilted, bushes were bare. And, as she examined the dying landscape, she would begin to be able to discern the shapes of those people who had either failed to run fast enough, or fallen where they stood. Though the aftereffects of its rampage would begin to be visible, the werewolf itself would be nowhere to be seen.

Grand Viper

07-08-2014

Vince and Sigmund

Vince responded to Sigmund's smirk with one of his own. With a shrug he said, "Ah, that may be so, but that's what makes every glance worth all the much more."

The sculptor winced as soon as he realized just the unnecessary twisting of the blade he had just done. He scratched the back of his head and decided to try and stay on topic.

"Honestly, I'm not sure what we're expected to find either, Sigmund. That's why we're checking, to make sure there's either nothing or something of value here. So, let's check."

Lily

She stared at the landscape, her empty eyes taking in every minute detail she could. Lily knelt to the ground and stared at the dead grass. Even in her prison, and despite being able to interact with Vince in his dreams, it was different here. Touching the ground felt like it had actual She looked behind her and viewed the trail she left behind: patches of frost the shape of her boots which already started to melt. Lily pushed herself to her feet and readied her rifle. Thick crystals were left where she had rested and would not melt for what would feel like hours in the mindscape.

"Gotta move quicker..." Lily muttered aloud, frustrated that she had paused for so long. She did not want to dramatically drain Sigmund's lifeforce in order to sustain her existence because she wanted to stop and admire the dead flowers.

Lily slid her rifle into her grip and started to scan left and right as she walked towards the massacre. "Right, time to look like a tasty, tasty victim."

Bright Oblivion

07-09-2014

Mindscape

With Vince's words, Sigmund's smirk vanished, and the werewolf busied himself with looking around, very carefully avoiding looking at the sculptor next to him. It felt like so long since he'd even seen Emily, much less spoken to her, and he was still no closer to figuring out how to change that. He kept hoping something would come to him, but it just hadn't.

"One thing at a time, you idiot," he muttered to himself, shaking his head. "Mental life first, love life second."

Louder, he suggested, "I guess if nothing else, we could scrap the wreckage for parts. Not like there's a shortage of those up here, though."

Memory

As Lily approached the village, she would find that it consisted of ten houses positioned around a small well. Apart from the occasional difference, the houses were almost identical, and could have easily held between five and ten people. Even on the houses, the aftereffects of the attack were visible, in claw marks on the walls and doors that had been smashed apart or torn off their hinges. Additionally, as she moved closer to the well, the bodies would appear more frequently, as though they had sought what little safety they could in numbers, with the occasional pitchfork, axe, or even kitchen knife suggesting that they had tried to make a fight of it. Evidently, however, neither the weapons nor the numbers had proven useful.

From the center of the village, the trail led out the other side, signs of people who had attempted to flee and been run down making themselves evident. If she wanted to find the werewolf that had caused all of this, she would probably just have to follow the trail of wreckage he had left behind.

Grand Viper

07-09-2014

Mindscape

Vince took Sigmund's suggestion to heart, knelt down and started to rummage through the wreckage. Every so often he'd pick a piece up, stare at it in the hopes that it would tell him something, some sort of resonant magic trace that could tell him what had been used to bind its inhabitant, and then move onto the next piece.

"I think with enough pieces I'd be able to cobble together a collar and a leash, make it last long enough for a few days, maybe a week. Not exactly positive, you have to talk to me here, Sigmund. The finer points of the cage, the details, anything," Vince stated as he held up a viciously curved piece of shrapnel. "Or if worse comes to worse, how much would it hurt you if we impaled your friend to a wall? I need to know the limits of leniency I have here."

Memory

There was not much else for Lily to do except observe the scenery about her. She saw that they attempted to put up a fight and failed to succeed, she could see signs of their struggle, but she was an invader in this memory. Though Lily herself could not affect the end results of what happens in the memory per se, she could affect the dreamer themselves. Such was the nature of a wraith like her.

Checking her gun one last time, Lily continued her path down the bloodied brick road.

Bright Oblivion

07-10-2014

Quote:
Grand Viper:
Mindscape

Vince took Sigmund's suggestion to heart, knelt down and started to rummage through the wreckage. Every so often he'd pick a piece up, stare at it in the hopes that it would tell him something, some sort of resonant magic trace that could tell him what had been used to bind its inhabitant, and then move onto the next piece.

"I think with enough pieces I'd be able to cobble together a collar and a leash, make it last long enough for a few days, maybe a week. Not exactly positive, you have to talk to me here, Sigmund. The finer points of the cage, the details, anything," Vince stated as he held up a viciously curved piece of shrapnel. "Or if worse comes to worse, how much would it hurt you if we impaled your friend to a wall? I need to know the limits of leniency I have here."

Vince would find, as he examined the pieces, that there was very little magical resonance on the pieces. It was uncertain whether this was due to the cage having been broken for quite some time (dust and rust were evident on several of the pieces), or if it was just a case of very little magic having been used in the cage. From the pattern of debris, it would also appear as though the cage had been broken apart from the inside, and then smashed into scrap.

At the suggestion of making a collar and leash or sticking the wolf to a wall, Sigmund lowered the piece he had been examining and gave Vince a strange look. "You do realize that it, the bundle of energy and magic and thought, that we're treating as 'the werewolf' is already in a box, right? And that this box is wrapped in chains, secured with a lock to which Emily is the only one with a key? Putting a collar around it, or sticking it to a wall, probably isn't going to work. Or happen."

He snorted and threw the piece aside with more force than it probably merited. "I don't even know what you know and don't know, or what you want to do, and you want to know what you can and can't do? Fine. If it causes lasting damage to my mindscape, it's probably a bad idea. If it risks that thing getting out, like opening up the box to put a [Oh my] collar on its neck and wrap a leash around it, it's probably an outrageously bad idea."

He grabbed one of the cage's bars and began to bend it into a loop. "I haven't slept in days. I don't have a clear idea of what's wrong with my own head, or even how long it's been going on, and can't get close enough to find out without running the risk of forgetting who I am and getting lost in there. And you're staring at scrap metal as though you expect it to talk to you. Since it's obviously not talking, let me explain something."

He gestured around at the cage's remains with the bent bar. "This- all of this- is what's left of a cage for something completely different, that needed a completely different treatment. Yes, it had some of the same features and appearances as a werewolf, but it was about as close to what we're dealing with now as a person wearing a werewolf costume. If anything, the werewolf was imprisoned in it, and it was trapped in here. Now it's not, and hasn't been since before I came to the lab to get those gems from Silver a few months ago."

"Instead," he continued, tossing the bar toward the barrier, "we're left with that, and an actual werewolf, whose prison I haven't been able to get anywhere near since your flaming ancestor shook me around and treated me like a punching bag, and whose limits I haven't even figured out yet. All I can do is guess. Poorly."

He rubbed his eyes in an effort to motivate them to stay open and relieve some of the burning from keeping them that way, and muttered, "Honestly, I'd be fine with a short term solution that allowed me to sleep without drifting into that, or kept me protected if it suddenly grew again, as long as it didn't make the problem worse later. Unfortunately, I can't even define what the problem is without some idea of what the prison looks like right now. And Youay's already decided this problem is well out of his area of expertise."

Quote:
Memory

There was not much else for Lily to do except observe the scenery about her. She saw that they attempted to put up a fight and failed to succeed, she could see signs of their struggle, but she was an invader in this memory. Though Lily herself could not affect the end results of what happens in the memory per se, she could affect the dreamer themselves. Such was the nature of a wraith like her.

Checking her gun one last time, Lily continued her path down the bloodied brick road.

By the time she had left the village, the temperature, which had been slowly dropping the deeper into the memory she moved, would now be approaching freezing, and the damage to the plant life had also increased. In the small farms at this edge of the village, nearly three-quarters of the crops were dead and shriveled.

Forty yards past the farms, the bodies would start to include plowhorses and young men who had apparently veered off of the trail to distract the werewolf from something, only to discover that those horses were not built or used for their speed. Another twenty yards, and she would see what had merited the protective efforts, as she learned what had happened to the village's children.

Eventually, as she walked, she would be able to see a black figure hunched over on the ground. Finally, she had found the predator-turned-prey.

freAK47

07-10-2014

((I'm guessing its too late to ask if I could join?))