Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vince's Piltover Lab (Closed/Invitational RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

07-04-2014

Sigmund sighed. "Unfortunately, miss Rose, it's the best way to involve Lily in this process. So even if I'm not a major fan of pointed objects from anyone, it's probably the most likely method to allow me to get sleep any time soon. I didn't die or suffer permanent damage from the last time they did this, and it was probably more dangerous and chaotic."

He grimaced. "Though I'm probably going to be even less help this time than I was then."

He closed his eyes, deepened his breathing, and nodded. "Whenever you're ready."

Grand Viper

07-05-2014

Vince muttered, "With the **** we've been dealing with recently this is going to be a cakewalk," and readied to press stab Lily into Sigmund's shoulder.

"How long will it take?"

Vince stopped and glanced at Rose. "Pardon?"

"How long will the procedure be?"

"I can't answer that, Rose."

"Ballpark it."

The sculptor shrugged in response. How was he supposed to know? "Minutes? Maybe an hour at most? Th-"

"That's too long," the demon hunter interrupted. Her heavy boots stomped across the floor as she walked up to Sigmund's side. "If you're just going to stab him, then I can strike him unconscious to the same effect."

"It's mindscape traveling, Rose, did you miss that the first time? And besides, werewolf? He'll just get back up in seconds if you smack his head." Vince tapped his temple and sighed, "Seriously, Rose, let me do this. You're making me waste more time by arguing with you."

"Why do you not use one of-"

"Seriously, Rose, knock it off. The walk's not canceled, just let me do this, please, before I get much more irked and go inside his head pissed at you for being ridiculous," the sculptor growled in a low tone. "Why are you being so insistent anyways?"

Rose moved her arms, making Vince flinch in unwarranted fear as she crossed them over her chest. "Nina is trying to crawl to her room. Can Sigmund not wait until you come back from lunch to do this? Does it matter if he sleeps now instead of an hour or three? If he wants to try to sleep while you're gone, I'll watch over him."

Vince rubbed the bridge of his nose and muttered several low choice curses to himself. "Rose, I don't think he feels comfortable being alone with ah, you."

"Unless he is guilty, which he is not from what I can smell, then he should have nothing to fear."

Bright Oblivion

07-06-2014

Sigmund let out a low growl and sat up so he could be closer to Rose's eye level. "Hey!" he snapped. "Demon hunter! In case you forgot, I'm a..." He clicked his jaw shut on the word he was about to say, glanced toward the direction Nina was crawling, and amended, "freaking... werewolf. I don't care how many times you don't kill me, how much you try to reassure me, or how close you get to Emily, I'm probably never going to feel particularly comfortable around you. Especially if I'm asleep."

"I did not," he snarled, carefully enunciating each word, "stay awake for the past week or more, or drink enough tea and coffee that I could have probably floated a boat, because I didn't have something to knock me out and send me on my way. If I fall asleep now, without anything being done, I'm not sure I'm going to wake up again, or be lucid enough to care. If you don't want to be stuck explaining to Emily what happened, stop wasting my... dang ... time."

He jerked a finger at Vince and Lily, "They're going to stab me. We're going to see what we can find. And you're going to sit down, shut up, and stay out of the way. Got it?"

He lay back, still glaring at the demon hunter, and remarked, "The sooner you stop interrupting and we get this done, the sooner they can go on their merry little walk and you can do whatever the Realms it is you do. If you're so concerned about Nina, you can go keep her company while they're busy."

Dismissing the demon hunter, he turned his face toward the ceiling, closed his eyes, and barked, "Now! Let's get this over with."

Grand Viper

07-06-2014

Rose did not enjoy a single moment of being rebuked by Sigmund. She made it evident by the look of unhindered anger she wore for him as he spoke. When Sigmund finished, the demon hunter started to say something but fell silent. She threw her hands up and stomped away.

"Nina, you're not going back to your room," Rose grumbled as she reached down and scooped the young girl off the floor.

"Eep!" was all she squeaked, with a little thrashing, before going she gave up and went limp.

"To the kitchen, you can eat cookies until they're done."

"R-really?"

"Go ahead, Nina," Lily clicked and gave the demon hunter a thumbs up. She turned her attention back to the matter at hand and said, "Thank you, Sigmund."

Vince cricked Lily, whose her fingertips elongated into fine, needle points, muttered, "Now let's see what we're dealing with," and stabbed his shoulder.

Bright Oblivion

07-06-2014

Sigmund gave a snort at the thanks, a quick hiss at the stabbing, and then retreated into his own mindscape to greet them when they arrived.

Sigmund's Mindscape

When Vince arrived in Sigmund's mindscape, he would find himself in what might have been a cavern, or even a very large room, with a dark ceiling far above him and a black floor covering that might have been tile or even some sort of stone. While there was no visible light source, there was enough illumination from somewhere that Vince could see the thirty foot wall of solid stone that surrounded the mindscape, and the ruined metal remains of the cage that had once housed the last troublesome invader into Sigmund's mind. Apart from these, and what might have been a handful of free-standing doors some distance away, there were no structures to be found.

What would eventually attract, and probably hold, the flesh sculptor's attention, however, was a massive barrier that stretched as far as Vince could see to the left and right, running parallel to the outer wall and leaving less than one hundred feet in between the two. This barrier, which also extended up until it couldn't be seen, seemed to swallow all of the ambient light that came near it.

As he examined it, he would hear Sigmund's voice from near the wall behind him, vocalizing the thoughts probably running through Vince's mind. "No, Vince. That's not normal."

When Vince turned around, he would see that, while Sigmund's physical self was showing signs of his sleep deprivation, his mental self made it appear pleasant in comparison. His eyes were dull and seemed sunken into pits. His hair was untidy and out of order, and he looked as though he had been thrown down a flight of stairs. "And yes. It gets worse. I assume you want to go see what's on the other side?"

Grand Viper

07-06-2014

Mindscape

Vince looked about, his eyes surveying the scene that lay before him. He pulled his arms back and clasped his right hand with his ethereal left hand behind him, taking in every note he could. When Sigmund spoke up, the sculptor looked over his shoulder.

It was apparent in the mindscape that even Vince was affected worse than he made himself to appear. His face was elongated, his eyes reptilian, but he was still "human" in appearance.

"Considering I was partly responsible for putting the bugger in the cage? Yes, I'd like to see what's on the other side."

Vince started to step towards the barrier when his left arm was pulled back. The ethereal nature of his missing limb stretched out into the faint image of Lily: The throat wound pulsating with crisp puffs of frost issuing forth from it.

"Vince, something is wrong. Something is very wrong."

"Lily, you don't have to be a genius to discern that."

Lily's grip tightened on Vince's wrist. "You're not walking through there yet."

Vince tilted his head and stared at his wife. He gave a quick shake before saying, "The point we came in was to help Sigmund, dear, w-"

"I'm going to stand on this side of the barrier. I'm going to hold onto you as you look around, and if there is any trouble, I'm pulling you out," Lily interrupted, her grip ever tightening. "If there's any danger, just walk out and we can discuss how to deal with it, alright? Don't venture in."

"And I'll keep my hand at the level of my eye," he chuckled in response. Vince raised his left arm and hooked Lily's hand with his. "Come along dear, let's go see what the big bad wolf has in store for us. Sigmund, can you grant us permission to go inside?"

Bright Oblivion

07-06-2014

Mindscape

Sigmund grunted and shoved himself off the wall, starting toward the barrier. "Sure. Right. Because the first thought any semi-rational person has when they see a giant light-eating wall is 'Let's see what's on the other side.'"

He shook his head and sighed, covering the distance in relative silence until they had reached the barrier and Vince asked permission to enter. "Pretty sure it's more like a curtain than a wall, or even a door. Blocks your view, maybe keeps out some of the elements, but doesn't do much else. All you have to do is push a little bit and walk through. Just watch your step, and be ready for a temperature change."

With that somewhat cryptic advice, Sigmund took a deep breath, stepped toward the barrier, and walked through, the toe of his right shoe seemingly losing connection with the rest of him as he left it planted on their side of the barrier.

The Other Side

When Vince passed through after him, he would find himself suddenly in the middle of a forest far away from Runeterra, just inches from tripping over a fallen log. As he looked around, he would see that, apart from the occasional leaf, most of the trees were completely bare, and nearly half of them appeared dead or dying. Additionally, despite the wind rushing through bare trees and bringing the temperature down below fifty degrees ((Fahrenheit, or 10 degrees Celsius)), there were no sounds to be heard. Every living thing, from the smallest insect to the largest predator, had apparently either gone to ground or fled, frightened by something much larger, and much more dangerous.

"Welcome," Sigmund muttered, his voice sounding far too loud in the silence, "to the other side."

Grand Viper

07-06-2014

Mindscape

Vince gave Sigmund a grin as he warned him of the temperature change. "I think I'm dressed for the outing, Sigmund."

After pulling on the hem of his coat, Vince and Lily followed Sigmund through the barrier.

The Other Side

As Vince and Lily emerged, he whistled and started to survey the new area. "Sigmund, mate, you really need to do some cleaning up in here."

"The creature is much more upset than last time," the wispy voice of Lily stated, her hollowed eyes now looking at Sigmund. "Sigmund, do you have any information on how it could have gotten free? Any of your locks that could have failed? What can you tell us?"

"Tell you what, you two talk about that, I'm going to go for a walk."

Vince pulled his hand away from Lily's, and the sculptor started to advance in the forest. A thin blue string stretched out from his index finger and flopped to the ground, its opposite end embedded within his wife's chest. "Vince, what are you doing? Th-"

"Don't you remember?" Vince tapped the side of his head, smiling at Lily. "She's up here. She won't let me die. I can go on alone, y-"

"Vince, don't talk like that. Come back here and let's figure out where we should go next. I don't think she is going to reward intentional stupidity," Lily demanded, giving the leash a hard tug that sent him flying back towards them. "And do remind me to tell Sigmund the good news that Vanessa was just messing with him and didn't really have any viie plan."

---------------------

Lab

Rose would never stop being amazed by the fact that Nina was on her third dozen batch of cookies. She would also not stop being amazed by the fact of the sheer quantity of cookies they kept in their cupboards. And now, the demon hunter learned something new about herself: she thoroughly enjoyed cookies.

Bright Oblivion

07-07-2014

The Other Side

Sigmund snorted. "I can tell you that the fact that I'm still here and there's not a starving werewolf in your living room means that he hasn't gotten free yet. If he had, you'd know, and I'd probably stop existing. Painfully."

He shook his head and pointed in front of them. "He's still trapped way over there somewhere, behind a lock neither of us have a key to. All of this is him still in a cage. It's his memory, more or less, and those are the next best thing to reality here."

If he registered the news that Vanessa wasn't out to kill him, it only merited a small, relieved sigh as he glanced around, his expression thoughtful and concerned. "I'd be careful where you walk, Vince. Even if the trees are more dead than they were last time I looked in here, the animals were gone for a reason."

He made a broad gesture to take in the area around them. "Somewhere out there, wandering about, is me."

He frowned and amended, "Or us, maybe. There wasn't much difference here."

Grand Viper

07-07-2014

The Other Side

Vince glanced at Sigmund, his eyes flicking from the scene back to the man as he thought of a response.

"So what do you want me to do, Sigmund? What do you want us to do? Find him and assess the severity? Because this seems severe enough as it is. What are you expecting me to do here? Assess?"

The sculptor pointed at the landscape and stated, "My assessment: This is bad and you're in danger. I would like to add the fact that ducks quack. With that said, I think we need to examine your cage and see what weakened it enough to let it break free of the first line of defense. What has weakened in your mind enough t-..."

Vince went quiet and shot Lily a glance. The woman nodded and reached for Sigmund's shoulder. She rested her hand on it and in her best attempt to be comforting while drilling for information, asked, "Sigmund, you said this is his memory. If this is his memory, it should be yours, right? Do you know which memory this is? It would make tracking him easier."