Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vince's Piltover Lab (Closed/Invitational RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

06-18-2014

Alright. This is a reboot of the old thread. I'm going to go into much more detail about the environment, who's, what's, where and when's.

Meet Vince Vipére (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1426) and his wife, the mechanical left hand, Lily. He is my main OC, and this is his home that you will be RP'ing in.

This is Nina, his daughter. She lives with him. (Profile soon)

This is the layout of his home/the lab.

Now with that out of the way, let's go with location. The Lab is located near the slums of Piltover, out of the way and so forth. This is generally the place where I will take people to in order to continue RP'ing with them. This is also where the story arcs generally take place for the overarching RP I'm doing with a bunch of RP'ers.

Now, you may want to join in during a more relaxed arc or just have some fun. How do you do this?

HOW TO JOIN/JOINING COURTESY:

1st step: Please ask me. I need to know if you want to join, and how we can work with it since I am the DM. As a DM, I have to have multiple ways of how a story will end, I have to be able to improvise on the fly, I have to be able to gauge my characters reactions and the reactions of others and I have to monitor all the characters and their rp'ers, and I'm not in full control of all the characters.

2nd step: You need to have some context at the very least when you go into a thread to see who is what kind of people, rather than assuming everyone's going to like you because of the specific environment.

That means you have to know that Vince is a former serial killer with a slew of personal issues and a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personality and you are going to have to be able to RP with not just this character, but any and every character who is in the lab.

3rd step: Communicate with me. I can't stress this enough. Communicate with me.

For the current list of RP'ers that I'm interacting with and will be working on with the next arc are as follows:

- Silver
- Bright Oblivion
- Youay

The next story arc will commence:

June 30th

Thank you, and this is the new lab that I will be posting in. The old one is now abandoned.

Grand Viper

06-30-2014

Current Arc: Meetings and Second Chances

From the outside, nothing seemed to be happening. No loud sounds, no explosions, nothing of the sort. It was, for all intents and purposes, a quiet day. With no expected visitors, Vince was planning a day out of sorts. Rose sat on a couch in the main living room next to Nina. The young girl looked unnerved, upset, her arms crossed over her chest, her head bowed and her legs curled up under her. She had not left the home for more than a week now, including missing valuable school days.

Rose glanced at Nina and tried to find the most reassuring words she could think of.

"You need some fresh air, Nina."

Nina shrugged in response.

"Your father and mother are right, it will do you some good."

"Mm..."

Vince walked past the two, making his way towards the kitchen as he muttered to aloud, "Oven, oven, oven, gotta make sure it's off."

((I'll let you know when interacting with Vince is most opportune. It will come up, I promise.))

Bright Oblivion

06-30-2014

As Nina and Rose were speaking, they would hear a trio of knocks on a door. Were they paying attention to where the sound came from, they would realize that, unlike the sounds heralding the arrival of most visitors to the lab, these knocks would appear to land on the inside of the door to the first room on the right of the hallway. After a few seconds, the door would open, accompanied by the voice of Sigmund Ulfricsson.

"Don't shoot!" he called, fully expecting to have opened the door onto a certain mechanical hand aiming a laser at his face. "It's just me, and you told me to come by." He paused, thinking briefly, and added, "I think."

When these words weren't met by immediate laser fire, he poked his head out of the open door, glanced around and, directed to the closest individual, queried, "Emily's not here, is she? Hiding somewhere out of sight and waiting to attack?"

As he asked, his jaw opened in a wide yawn which, along with the bags under his eyes, suggested it had been quite some time since he had last gotten anything meaningfully classified as 'sleep.'

Grand Viper

07-01-2014

Nina jumped up from the couch and ducked behind it in one fluid motion while emitting a squeak of shock. Rose uttered a guttural sigh before rising up from her seat and glaring at Sigmund. "No. Emily is not here. Why does that matter? I thought you and her are-"

"That's a really long story, Rose!" Vince hollered from the kitchen. "Probably not the time to discuss it!"

"But I want to know," the demon hunter grumbled, maintaining her glare at the werewolf donn the hallway. "I can smell the fear from here..."

He marched out from his kitchen, made one sharp turn after another and made his way towards Sigmund. "Come in, Sigmund. You know you could have used the front door? That is its purpose, to let people walk in." Vince clicked his teeth, looked about and then asked, "So how can I help you today, Sigmund? What's up?"

Bright Oblivion

07-01-2014

Sigmund let out a sigh of relief and stepped inside, letting the door close behind him and leaning back against it. As Rose mentioned being able to smell his fear, he snorted and muttered under his breath. "Certainly plenty of that to go around."

He opened his mouth again, either to answer her question or yawn again, but was stopped by Vince's arrival. "Of course I could have. But everyone uses that door. It's expected. So not using it at least gives me a brief moment of surprise if I stumble in to people I don't want to stumble in to."

He yawned again and rubbed his eyes. When he had finished, he looked up at Vince, his expression betraying his exhaustion and the fear of what might happen if he gave in to it. "I need sleep, Vince. And I need to be able to wake up after it."

Grand Viper

07-01-2014

Vince did not immediately respond. His lips moved in silence as he attempted to piece together his reply, but it only came out as. "Sigmund, this...maybe, I mean..." He took a breath in and scratched the back of his head. "I can see that, and I-"

"It's simple."

Vince looked over his shoulder at Rose who stood from the couch and started to make her way towards the two. "You just need to bring him to sleep. If he needs someone to watch over him, I'll do so. If he needs to be woken up, I can wake him up. You will go for your walk today."

"Rose, it requires a bit of delicacy th-" was all Vince managed to say when Rose closed the distance and grabbed his collar, silencing him with a hard yank that brought him to his knees.

"You spent three days convincing her to get out of the house, you will not put her aside."

Rose shot a glare at Sigmund and motioned him to the main room. "Come inside, Vince will start his preparations, I will start my own."

Bright Oblivion

07-01-2014

Sigmund stared at Rose as she spoke and sent Vince to his knees. He opened his mouth briefly to explain that it was most certainly not simple but, even in his sleep-deprived state, could see that course of action would not end well. Instead, he nodded and, with only a small sigh, made his way into the main room.

"Hello, miss Nina," he murmured to the young girl still hiding behind the couch. "Sorry for startling you. Didn't mean to. Just didn't feel like using the front door this time."

He settled back onto a couch and looked from Vince and his mechanical hand to the demon hunter. "As skilled as you might be at waking people up, miss Rose, it's probably going to take more than a firm shake to wake me up. Depending on how deep whatever Vince is supposed to be preparing is meant to send me, or how long he intends to keep me asleep, I'm not even sure jumping in to my head to pull me out would work."

He sighed. "I don't mean to interrupt whatever you had planned, but are both you and your wife going on this walk, Vince?"

Grand Viper

07-02-2014

Rose released Vince and made her way to the main room. The sculptor coughed and adjusted his coat before following her.

Lily started to click, "Yes, well, we were planning to both go, day out, and-"

Nina shirked away from Sigmund and made her way around the corner of the couch, doing her best to hide from his line of sight. "H-h-hi, Mister S-Sigmund."

Vince winced and shook his head, not sure how to explain it. "It's complicated. But for now, let's see what we're dealing with in regards to you."

Vince made his way to one of laboratory tables he had installed in the room and motioned to Sigmund to lie down on it, only to find beakers, papers and a mass mess on it. He pulled Lily back and swept all of it off the table, sending it crashing to the floor in a flurry of papers, broken glass and strange liquids that started to eat at the floor. He motioned to Sigmund to lie down once more.

"Can't say anything until we take a proper look at you, right?"

Rose rolled her eyes and growled, "I will take care of him. You go for the walk."

"Rose, I really, really don't thi-"

"Which of the three of us knows more about werewolves?"

Vince pointed at Sigmund as he shot back at Rose, "There are circumstances you're not aware of, Rose, that I need to take care of."

"I-I'm fine...w-with not, n-not going..." Nina squeaked from behind the couch. "W-we can do it a-another day."

"Nina, out from behind the couch, you're not a dog," Lily clicked before she pointed at Rose. "We'll figure out what to do after we assess the situation. Alright?"

The demon hunter eventually relented and nodded. "Fine."

"Thank you, Rose," the hand whirred. She rapped her fingers against the table and commanded Sigmund, "Now up you go, Sigmund."

Bright Oblivion

07-03-2014

Sigmund nodded and got unsteadily to his feet before weaving through the maze of papers and floor-eating chemicals. When he reached the table, he pushed himself on to it and lay back so that he was staring at the ceiling.

"Alright," he muttered before being interrupted by another yawn. "I'm lying down on the table. Now what? And please don't say you're going to open me up and see what's inside."

Grand Viper

07-04-2014

"Actually I was going to stab you with Lily," Vince stated with a shrug. "That's generally how this procedure works if you remember correctly. I want to see what's going in inside your head so I can make sure everything is, more or less, locked up nice and tight before I decide on how I'm going to put you to sleep."

"You're going to stab him, with the hand, to look inside his head, to figure out the problem," Rose muttered aloud, staring at Vince with an expression of complete and utter contempt. It was apparent that she thought the proposed idea was, more or less, utterly stupid.

The sculptor gave a quick glance to the demon hunter and hissed, "Yesss, I am. What seems to be the problem, Rose?"

"Isn't the hand a modicum of the gates of the afterlife? Would that not put him in ludicrous amounts of danger just to put him to sleep?"

"We've done this plenty of times before, Rose. It's literally a pinprick, Vince is being dramatic," the hand clicked. "And we're not going to use near death to put him to sleep, that would be ridiculous."

"That still seems rather excessive and unnecessarily dangerous."

"Do you have another way to travel into the mindscape, Rose?" Vince sighed, rolling his eyes as he did. "Because if you do, and it's more time efficient than wasting an hour in preparatory rites, then let's hear it."

Rose shook her head.

"Thought so. Besides, Sigmund doesn't mind a tiny stab wound." The sculptor glanced down and patted his friend's shoulder. "What's a few pointed objects between best buddies, right?"