Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

HUGE lag spike, is it CANADA?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZordinaryZ

06-17-2014

so ONLY AT NIGHT TIME i get these spike pings of 900+ and i live in Toronto Canada. it seems that when i am at base the ping is 100, but once i send commands such as moving or enemies uses spells, the ping can spike up to SIX DIGITS! Literally every day when night time arrives, it lags this badly. During day time and afternoon it seems to be fine. I thought maybe it is my ISP (Rogers), so i decided to call, do tests, ask other rogers users who play league and it seems like both rogers and none rogers users get this lag. I have a pretty strong internet all wired. My internet speed is not a question, its fast enough to play league for sure. It does not seem to be my ISP either after disabling ISP firewalls and multiple programs and trying on different computers. It seems like it is only Riot that is having this issue. Tried connecting to another Californian server and the ping was 150 (still higher than before, but every server is different, used to be 100 with riot). Please help! This is UNPLAYABLE. and i do not want to only play this game during the afternoon or day time. Anything at night is just not possible to play.

TheDarkDestroyi

06-18-2014

Yeah I am just outside of Toronto, closer to Hamilton and I get the same thing from time to time, I usually just avoid playing late into the night, also I'm with Cogeco internet so its definitely not Rogers.

ZordinaryZ

06-18-2014

Man i hope riot fixes this!

Miasmify

06-18-2014

Living in Barrie Ontario, have had random lag spikes where my char stops but i can still see enemies and minions hitting me. Has been happening for exactly 7 or 8 days. Unplayable, what in the actual ****

Kip Gethinn

06-18-2014

Yupp, I can confirm! Started about 6 days ago... I live in London Ontario. League is unplayable right now. I have massive ability and movement delay. My ping ranges from 88 - 160, but even when its 88, still feels super laggy. Not sure if its a Canadian problem, but seems to be. My ping before this always sat around 74. Anyways, my guess is a routing problem? Please Riot look into this!

Thalanir

06-18-2014

I have the exact same problem and I know for a fact that it is not because of bad internet :/

ZordinaryZ

06-18-2014

i get 110 ping average on ping tests to other Los Ang. Servers. You guys should try if it lags there too. So mine is not internet problem.

ZordinaryZ

06-18-2014

Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it ISP related (doesnt seem like it to me), or is it Riot's new patch (seems more likely since thats when it started)? If so do we have to just wait until Riot actually cares about us to fix this? Please upvote this forum for those who shares this problem! 900+ ping is absolutely unplayable

EpicN00bz

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Hi, I also live in Canada, in Vaughan more specifically.

I Have been having EXACTLY what you've been getting, around 1000+ at night, and usually in day as well. This is extremely frustrating since I have school and can usually play at around 7pm - 11pm, and thats when the lag seems to occur. This also has been happening on weekends too, so I really have no way of playing League of Legends. I've played other games, and don't lag at all, so I am certain this is only Riots servers. Hopefully they fix this bull****.