Who were the first Champions?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

illegalmonkey

01-20-2011

Just like it says. I was simply curious who the first champions were when LoL first came out? Anyone know?

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

The 40 champs in the 2 bundles are the original champs.

terembura

01-20-2011

I think the very first champions were the 10 with the 'Recommended' tag, but it's just a wild guess, but after the beta, the game were released with 40 champions as Stillhart mentioned it.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by terembura View Post
I think the very first champions were the 10 with the 'Recommended' tag, but it's just a wild guess, but after the beta, the game were released with 40 champions as Stillhart mentioned it.
They put "recommended" on Caitlyn so I dunno about that...

Mr Zafrada

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
Really! Riot tag system is always wonky, Still

terembura

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
I didn't realize that. If I remember correctly in the early days the 450 IP champions were the recommended ones, but apparently they changed it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-20-2011

Recommended is supposed to be something along the lines of easier to pick up, not the first champions in game (why would you use recommended to say that?)

I'm sure someone at Riot could tell us, or a fanatic that was around since Beta who kept notes on things like this. Or there might be information about when each was added on a wiki somewhere (or in the patch notes, but that's more of a pain) that someone really dedicated could go and search for us.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

01-20-2011

List of original champs (to my best recollection):

Alistar, Amumu, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Cho'Gath, Evelynn, Fiddlestix, Gangplank, Jax, Karthus, Kayle, Malphite, Master Yi, Morgana, Nasus?, Nunu, Rammus, Ryze, Singed, Sion, Sivir, Soraka, Taric, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted fate, Twitch, Veigar, Warwick, Zilean

The first couple releases in beta were katarina, corki, shaco, kassadin, doctor mundo and nidalee

For reference, I'm am a closed beta participant, in fact join date 2-4 weeks after adjudicator cut-off.
Feel free to correct me if I am missing any or have one in there that wasn't. (for instance if someone wants to check me on nasus that would be the one I'm am not completely sure on)

sciyth

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuketsuki View Post
List of original champs (to my best recollection):

Alistar, Amumu, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Cho'Gath, Evelynn, Fiddlestix, Gangplank, Jax, Karthus, Kayle, Malphite, Master Yi, Morgana, Nasus?, Nunu, Rammus, Ryze, Singed, Sion, Sivir, Soraka, Taric, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted fate, Twitch, Veigar, Warwick, Zilean

The first couple releases in beta were katarina, corki, shaco, kassadin, doctor mundo and nidalee

For reference, I'm am a closed beta participant, in fact join date 2-4 weeks after adjudicator cut-off.
Feel free to correct me if I am missing any or have one in there that wasn't. (for instance if someone wants to check me on nasus that would be the one I'm am not completely sure on)
if this list isn't right it's pretty close. Im almost 100% sure nasus was an original champ.

Stillhart

01-20-2011

Nidalee isn't in any of the bundles, implying that she's not one of the original 40. Is that the case?

12345 ... 7