Thanks for ruining LoL for mac users

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unosnow

06-16-2014

Those of us who game on mac laptops who had to upgrade to lion now can't play due to heat issues that Lion causes. Hearthstone here i come thanks Riot, by thanks i mean **** you.

Withith 3mins of playing with my SMC fan control up to 6200 RPM and a lap map with duel fans i was already at 80c. Cant play Lol anymore because Lion is so intense

FreakinUnoriginl

06-17-2014

I've seen recommendations on forums for other games to drop third-party apps that manually adjust the SMC.

I'd suggest switching from SMCFanControl to something that only monitors the SMC so you can get a temperature reading (I recommend [Temperature Monitor]) and then [resetting the SMC] so that OS X can communicate with the firmware undisturbed.

Scartafist

06-26-2014

Riot ruined Mac Clients a looongggggg time ago.

BurnFenix

07-09-2014

Hey, I run the game on a mac and it works just fine for me

Kurthy

07-13-2014

I literally have everything updated and everything runs perfectly fine. If you are just updating to Lion now, I feel like your hardware is the problem and maybe should upgrade your laptop.

bagmangood

07-14-2014

To be honest I'd recommend updating to Mountain Lion or Mavericks if possible, as there was a notable performance boost and decreased resource demands. Mavericks is a free upgrade so that would probably be the safest bet :P