Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thanks for ruining LoL for mac users

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unosnow

06-16-2014

Those of us who game on mac laptops who had to upgrade to lion now can't play due to heat issues that Lion causes. Hearthstone here i come thanks Riot, by thanks i mean **** you.

Withith 3mins of playing with my SMC fan control up to 6200 RPM and a lap map with duel fans i was already at 80c. Cant play Lol anymore because Lion is so intense

FreakinUnoriginl

06-17-2014

I've seen recommendations on forums for other games to drop third-party apps that manually adjust the SMC.

I'd suggest switching from SMCFanControl to something that only monitors the SMC so you can get a temperature reading (I recommend [Temperature Monitor (http://www.bresink.com/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html)]) and then [resetting the SMC (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964)] so that OS X can communicate with the firmware undisturbed.

Scartafist

06-26-2014

Riot ruined Mac Clients a looongggggg time ago.

BurnFenix

07-09-2014

Hey, I run the game on a mac and it works just fine for me

Kurthy

07-14-2014

I literally have everything updated and everything runs perfectly fine. If you are just updating to Lion now, I feel like your hardware is the problem and maybe should upgrade your laptop.

bagmangood

07-14-2014

To be honest I'd recommend updating to Mountain Lion or Mavericks if possible, as there was a notable performance boost and decreased resource demands. Mavericks is a free upgrade so that would probably be the safest bet :P