Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bronze Tips and Carrying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExUprising

06-16-2014

Hey. Level 30 here. I did bad in provisionals, and got to bronze 2. I was demoted to bronze 3 of reasons stated ahead. If you check my lolking, I do pretty good on some champs and sometimes just have unlucky games, but 80% of the time I either get an afk for a 4v5, or a just straight out horrible team. I figure I need to carry myself out of bronze. Here's some of my roles and mains:

Lolking http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/51017594#ranked-stats

Jungle I don't like it too much but I usually do very good as Udyr jungle and have carried a few games as him but my lanes lose mostly when I'm him for some reason.

Attack Damage Carry Used to main it, but supports sometimes are so bad that I can't do much. Half the time my supports give up the first few deaths and then they are pretty fed so I can't do much about it. I'm not the best adc but I used to main it so I have lots of experience in the role.

Mid Laning I very much prefer mid laning to any other role as I dominate this lane almost every time. Check my Lolking stats for LB and such. I'm fairly good at CSing mid and I like playing assassins and casters. My mains in mid are LB if not banned, Katarina, Zed, etc.

Top I usually do good in this lane if I go one of my good top laners which would be Zed, Nasus, or if it's a renekton I choose to go Teemo because he can NOT be fed. Good CSing, good harrass, but still better at mid

Support I prefer to go Syndra when I support but I can be a deadly Morgana support too. I have blitz for certain champions also.

Warding I ward well especially as support and generally give us some map control and try to get wards deep in their jungle if I can to help ours get ahead.

Teamfights I generally do good in teamfights, depending on the champion I'm playing. But it can be devastating for me if we have no tank.

I would add more that I can think of, but I'm short on time. I will check this thread again in about an hour to an hour and a half.

Thank you for your time and help

*Sidenote- I don't play ranked too much for fear of loss, but I dominate almost every normal game usually.

SFM Ostrichbrain

06-16-2014

I just climbed from bronze 5 to silver 4 and I'm in my series for s3 atm. Best advice I can give you to carry yourself out is this.

Call jungle it literally has the biggest impact on games in bronze and silver i find I can't speak for higher tier games but in bronze and silver Jungle is the carry. If you can't get jungle then call top or mid you do not want to be support or adc those are the worst two roles in lower tier games.

Pick an op jungler who can gank and have good late games because lets face it 60% of your games are gonna last over 35 minutes in bronze/silver. I personally prefer udyr and kayle, kayle has decent ganks and amazing late game, udyr has amazing ganks and a decent late game.

Buy a pink ward and use it, it will literally last ALL game no one ever counter wards, that being said buy a sweeping lens not a warding totem because you're gonna be moving and active and you're gonna need to counter ward.

Learn how to pressure lanes, Oh the middle just recalled and you're close to it? Good go push that damn wave out and get some tower hits in. Oh you just did a successful gank? Good now push the damn wave out and take a tower.

People have a tendency to want to just charge down mid which don't get me wrong is good and such but only if you've already secured bot and top outter turrets first. So first things first gank top ( easiest lane to gank) push that tower now you have map control on that half ward their jungle. Tell your top laner to come bottom and push the bottom turret in good now ward the bottom half of their jungle. Now you can run right down middle and siege.

One of the biggest tips i can give is to literately just mute anyone on your team who is being irritating or vile or whatever just mute them and command your team with pings. You must be in control you have to be the one to carry the game you have to be everywhere, it's your responsibility to ensure every lane does well, even if you get stuck middle or top, if you're top pick a champ who can pressure hard or gank well because even though you're top you're gonna be ganking.

Objectives>kills, it goes like this Nexus>Inhib>nexus turrets >baron>inner turrets>dragon>outter turrets
Some of those can be reversed and switched around depending on how the game is going but thats a general idea, Dragon literally gives so much gold to your team and it RESPAWNS every 6 minutes so take full advantage most teams wont do drag until like 15-18 minutes into game sometimes just go pressure bot and if you come out on top grab an easy turret and drag in bronze and silver you can even just go solo the drag truthfully no one even pays attention to it in most games.

For the love of god return to base and spend that gold you have in your wallet every bit of gold you have is an advantage over the enemy but it's not an advantage sitting in your wallet. I watched a xin one game go top and win his lane early but he satyed in lane for 18 minutes without recalling once or pressuring he had like 3k the tryn that was top ended up wrecking him because he actually recalled and bought items, spend your money you've worked so hard to earn.

It's a team game but it's also solo q, if you lose you have to blame yourself and ask what you could have done differently to carry, maybe you didn't ward and died to a gank once, maybe you ganked but died under turret maybe you didn't cs well, whatever the reason you've no one to blame but yourself, you can't even blame that thresh bottom lane thats 0-9-0 7 minutes in, you should have been bottom messin **** up before it got to that point.

All in all,

Pick jungle,mid,top
Pick op champ
Pressure hard
Time buffs and dragons
Ward ( 1 pink will last all game )
Command your team, you must be the leader
Ward
Objectives>kills
Don't be afraid to recall and spend your gold
Mute anyone you think is going to hinder your performance (probably biggest tip I can give)
If you lose blame yourself and ask what could I have done different that game to carry my team

ExUprising

06-16-2014

Thank you so much for the help.
Can you list some of these jungle champs other than Udyr and Kayle? And maybe some builds for lower ELO if possible? Thanks, and you've already helped so much!

SFM Ostrichbrain

06-16-2014

My main people I use at the moment are Udyr, pantheon, amumu for jungle they are really strong in my opinion right now plus i only own 17 champions. Evelyn is 1350 and she is very strong rengar is alos very strong at the moment i've heard. lee sin is good but i find bad for solo q as he does well early but always falls of later game.

Middle champions I use are Akali(favorite) kayle(so strong) I've ran pantheon middle as well, those are my top 3. Akali has awsome ganks once she is 6 and kayle is just beast, pantheon also is amazing because of his ult you can be in middle and be bot or top in seconds.

Top lane I go Udyr, garen, pantheon, jax(easy to learn, hard to get good with), ryze. They're all good picks in my opinion all capable of snowballing and carrying garen the least so probably, but still all are solid choices.

Ask for guides i would suggest just picking a champion you're comfortable with looking up a guide via google, mobafire has good ones then go from there, you'll notice you'll change certain runes and masteries based on who you're against and how you're playing but yeah.

Items should always be built based on what is needed don't rush a certian item like lets say a trinity force if you're getting raped top because you have no MR, buy some MR to make it easier on yourself. It all comes with practice and noticing what you need at certian points in the game. When, why and how to push eventually you'll get a hang for it and be good.

good luck!

ExUprising

06-16-2014

Okay thanks!

ExUprising

06-17-2014

More help needed! Just demoted to Bronze 4 for losing some games and 2 3v5s and 3 4v5s.

I need to carry myself out of this. I ping, I ward, and more but I'm in a queue right now so I'll go. MORE HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Edit- Just won. 92 LP in Bronze 4.

ExUprising

06-19-2014

No one at all?

MurOllavan

06-19-2014

Your CS and deaths are bad. Try to aim for average of 5 or 6 deaths instead of the like 9-12 you average now. Your CS should be like double what it is, even in bronze. Looks like you chase kills, try to push turrets down because kills don't win the game. I would try to play your best role over something you're uncomfortable with.

Drivermatt

06-19-2014

I used to have trouble in bronze but I started watching nb3 and a few others. Picked up Amumu in teambuilder, played about 50 games with him in teambuilder and now I'm 13/1 win/loss as Amumu jungle. Carried from bronze 5 to Bronze 3 promos. My problem was not learning how to play the champ, but how to play the map. Watching streams will really help you learn where to go, when to go there, and why your going there. I can pick up just about any jungle champ and usually carry because I understand where to go and what to do, in bronze at least.

My advice, watch streams that explain **** and hopefully it will help you as it has helped me.

MortonSaltBoy

06-19-2014

Quote:
MurOllavan:
Your CS and deaths are bad. Try to aim for average of 5 or 6 deaths instead of the like 9-12 you average now. Your CS should be like double what it is, even in bronze.

This.

It also looks like you build poorly. When you lose lane like in your Kat game you should probably not be going so glass cannon. First item deathcap on Kat isn't a good idea unless your ahead.

Also looking at your stats and your opinion of what you do right and well, it sounds like you might not be being honest with yourself. Take a second look watch some streams.

Good luck.