New Champion Skin Bundles

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoomManufact

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Which is why skins will never give you an advantage. Riot has stated many times that they don't want to sell power and since skins can only be purchased with RP that would be giving someone with money to burn an advantage over someone without.
Would like to say that I LOVE THIS POLICY.
There's been a lot of debates on the subject, and the best conclusion I've ever heard is that some ppl hav money, and some ppl hav time. They both should be able to get to the same level of advantage, and they both should be able to have fun.
More maps and more champions should help with the money aspect, btw :P. Maps to keep ppl interested, champs for more interest and moar moniz. Oh, and not to sound like a counselor or anything, but make listening to the community a habit. The practice has done wonders for games like PoxNora and stuff

Eclipse Apostle

01-14-2010

I gotta say, I don't get why the first thing that people do is complain about nearly every update Riot sends our way. Someone was presumptious enough to say that Riot shouldn't have made the Turret Defense game. Fact is, making League of Legends free to download and providing a free roster of champions every week were two moves Riot didn't have to make.
Sure, less people would play if they had to buy it, but I'm decently sure a majority of users uses IP over RP anyway, so I don't see where people get off complaining about what order content is being added in. Hell, if adding another skin rakes in more Teemo players, you just learn that much quicker how to counter him, since every Teemo I've seen plays exactly the same.

aXeonz

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Which is why skins will never give you an advantage. Riot has stated many times that they don't want to sell power and since skins can only be purchased with RP that would be giving someone with money to burn an advantage over someone without.
Wouldn't that be the same for people purchasing Overpowered/non-balanced Champions with Riot Points? I've had to go against many many twitches before, most of which were probably purchased through RP and not IP. I've lost about 1/3 of all my total games played (about 70) because people played twitch mid and just carried the team to victory. No matter how good my teamwork is with my pug group/friend-made-group. Same goes for many other Champions.

People who spend money on Champions and put ALL their IP to runes, will have a BIG advantage over those who purchase heroes (like me) and have little/bad runes stocked up.

Don't get me wrong I've got about 3.5K skins worth of riot points....But if they had lets say...a RUNE attached to em....or a slot for one, or just the EFFECT of a run, +1% crit or something....I'm pretty sure they can increase sales Twofold and not be giving much of an advantage out. You CAN say riot doesn't want to be trading Advantage for money, but they are doing that with Champions like Twitch, and Blitzcrank, who can greatly affect the outcome of a game, simply because they are way to overpowered.

ESPECIALLY like I said above, when you have people dumping 60 bucks (i have 3-4 friends who bought out every character and have DECKED runes at lvl 20...) just to buy all the champions, and spending all their IP on Crit and AP runes....and dominate games.

IT was a great idea put up, to have a simple stat locked to certain skins, or a small bonus like 1% crit or 1 mana every 5 or something....more or less. IF riot's fight against that is "WE don't wanna trade advantage for money...", then they are simply contradicting themselves. They can make a lot more sales from RP and skins, by simply putting a small bonus to the skins.

Cheers,
~aXeonz

Rune Pillager

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aXeonz View Post
Wouldn't that be the same for people purchasing Overpowered/non-balanced Champions with Riot Points? I've had to go against many many twitches before, most of which were probably purchased through RP and not IP. I've lost about 1/3 of all my total games played (about 70) because people played twitch mid and just carried the team to victory. No matter how good my teamwork is with my pug group/friend-made-group. Same goes for many other Champions.

People who spend money on Champions and put ALL their IP to runes, will have a BIG advantage over those who purchase heroes (like me) and have little/bad runes stocked up.
aXeonz, I think you're missing the concept here of time vs money. The people with money only have a time advantage over others. And that only applies if both sides put in equal time in game. But the sad fact is that if person A is unemployed and plays 20 matches a day whereas person B has a full time job and barely squeezes in 5 games a day, then the fact is that the person with the more time will always have a benefit even over the person who has paid for the champs with RP. You're just not thinking things fully through here. You're thinking VERY short term whereas other's look at the long term. Long term makes all things equal in the overall scheme of things...

Tupaclol

01-15-2010

are you being foreal...? teemo has enough skins now.. work on some champs that dont even have any?

Akhim

01-17-2010

How can we unlock Ghost Gangplank skin??

LupusAlbus

01-18-2010

Will riot ever allow purchasing of skins that have already "expired"?

Because I didn't start playing this game until after some of these skins went off the market, and I wouldn't mind picking up one or two of them.

Irwenz

01-18-2010

Yeah it would be nice to be able to get the expired skins again since we did not all start to play LoL when it came out :/

Keep the good work Riot

Irwenz

Spear of Odin

01-18-2010

I brought the digital collectors pack online for about $30 au just to get the goth annie skin .... shes so cute XD
"U wana play with me ..... or ill stab myself in the wrist" LOLS (JOKE!!)

(of course the game only costs about $20 but i got about $10 worth of riot points with it, which ill save for skins)

I thik the way Riot has set up the shop system is totaly fair...... Keep up the good work RIOT

Cambios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-20-2010

No more Teemo skins please.