New Champion Skin Bundles

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forfeitish

01-14-2010

To all the people griping about Teemo skins you have to remember, you can't throw a rock in a pub game without hitting a Teemo. He's too stupidly popular.

Drewky

01-14-2010

Since skins are nonessentail, why should they cost real money? Why not have exclusive runes that cost RP?

Techno Stud

01-14-2010

What, no Minotaur bundle? Way to be racist Riot.

dallas lol

01-14-2010

ok while were talking about skins, I am never going to buy a skin, ever the only thing they do is show that you have money to burn on a free game. i know it's a good way for riot to make money and bravo good for you riot.

I would just like to add in that if skins did something like if having a skin was like having a rune of some type i would be getting skins left and right.

any little advantage in the game is worth it.

well ty riot for making a fun and ever changing game i have spent way too much time playin your game and expect to play much much more.

EpicManeuvers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

We have enough teemo skins you idiots

Kyuketsuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-14-2010

I'm grateful so many things are purchasable will Influence Points, since in so many other "free" games you have to buy the good weapons, ect. with money to stay competitive. Riot didn't want this but still needs a way to finance the free updates, support, and server costs (not to mention everyone's salaries).

So I encourage champion skins they give you a hey look I'm not like everyone else. Its each person's choice if they want to buy anything from the store, using Riot points to purchase skins or boosts gives support to Riot and ultimately the community.

If each or even half of the players in this game buy maybe $10 of Riot points in the store or at a retailer such as Best Buy (it's tax-free in my state at least), then that's quite a bit of monitary support to continue the life of the game.

Punisher

Adjudicator

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas lol View Post
I would just like to add in that if skins did something like if having a skin was like having a rune of some type i would be getting skins left and right.

any little advantage in the game is worth it.
Which is why skins will never give you an advantage. Riot has stated many times that they don't want to sell power and since skins can only be purchased with RP that would be giving someone with money to burn an advantage over someone without.

FuYA

01-14-2010

want skins in bundles not champion + skins. If they had like 3 skins in a bundle pack id buy them.

Supahleetkilla

01-14-2010

It is kinda sad to see that Teemo has 3 skins already (i have to say the badger looks great!, I might buy it soon or when it gets discounted) when most champions have none. I really hope you guys focus new skins on other champions.

Aggamemnon

01-14-2010

You should offer bundles of skins in packs as well, not just for purchasing the champion and skin together, what about people who want to purchase additional skins who already have the hero's unlocked?

Also, be extra careful of sale prices going over 33%-50% off, steam have become a big victim of their own success.
A lot of people simply won't buy anything, because they will think to themselves, next week it will be on offer for 50%-75% off, me included.

Not because they don't think it's worth full price, but because they will get something at full price, and it will be on sale 2 weeks later, and they feel cheated if they already paid the full amount, and everyone of their friends get it at the 75% off that close together. They get into the mindset of, never buying anything unless it comes up on sale.

I want a few of the skins (and already have the riot points saved) but I'm holding off for sale prices already, thanks to the Ashe skin sale. I'd prefer to save points (and money) on a regular by buying discounted packs, than waiting on random sales for different things.

EDIT for clarity