How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oystersauce

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
If you want to hate something for not having a pattern, hate the lottery :P
there's a pattern with the lottery, you never win.

likeicareok

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Kog'Maw!!

JayceSeeMeRolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

I think they should do a somewhat random but somewhat nplanes out type of thing.
somewhat planed out by each week having some harder to play and some easyer to play characters
and somewhat planed out to have it that eventualy they go through all there characters
example: 10 new champions each week
so a mix lets say 4 easy 3 medium and 3 hard dificulty
each week at random have them seperated into those groups and each week don't let the same as last week's be in there and then randomly chose the 10 to play as
that way every week will be diffrent and after a while there will probably of been each champion out there for people to try out and give feed back
and about the new champions garentee that if you have a new champion let them be playable the week after it comes out that way the people who decide to spend there points can have fun and test it but then the week afterwords the rest of the people can try it out if they wanted to.
thats my opinion on the subject.

xDMDx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

My only question is: "When is twitch gonna be in the free rotation? I have not seen him there ""Forever"", he is the only champion that I have not played and pressumably will not get to play at all if he never gets placed in."
Apparently the system is based on champion difficulty but anivia has been there more times than he has and same as TwistedFate.

Pink Frieden

02-22-2011

hmm page 55 or 56 dunno if somebody will read this stil....

the champion rotation is great as it is now

really every champ was free to play in a time of 8 or 9 weeks so every player can test every champ if he like to
this is not just good for testing new champs to play them it is also good and necesary to have played every champion against humans to improve your overall skill with the champs you most like to play
cause its nice to know what every champ can and cannot do but its even better to know how to play every champ
AND if you test any champ by yourself you will notice that no champ is overpowered

but personal i think some champs are a bit weak or to hard to play for normal mortals

hope somebody reads this and gj riot for champ rotation no need to change this

commences

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Karthus + shaco

Cake or Smash

02-22-2011

Three champions I were hoping to try this week are on the list, so I can't complain. Thanks!

captnnemo

02-22-2011

Would it be possible to either give everyone the lowest IP champs, ex: ashe, yi, or pull them out of champ rotation because its just silly to make them free because their sooooooooooo easy to get.

KaozLdc

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Because twich does not go out free?

JelloDontEatMe

02-22-2011

When WILL TWITCH BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
havent seen him in like half a year