How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AuV2 AaronKiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

also put champions free on the week they come out so that more people try and more people buy the bundles.. like i brought the maokai bundle supporting riot

LuciferDuck

02-20-2011

wdf nunu is overpowered!!!!

AuV2 AaronKiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

unless he solo's baron at lv 10 twice

Crs Voy the Boy

02-21-2011

I think once a week each player should be able to choose a champ they want to try out for free for that week, and also have the rotation system. This way you could always play somebody new (who you found interesting) at least once a week. Sometimes I don't like any of the champions free that week.

ultradash1

02-21-2011

i really want to play twitch

i havent played as him and he looks so awesome. ive been waiting for about 3 months for him to be in the rotation but he hasnt been. could you please put him in soon??

BattleToadz

02-21-2011

Oh god no

BIGGEST ANIME

Master Recruiter

02-21-2011

Any reason the champ rotation is late this week? I know holiday but figured maybe they would prepare the rotation Friday or something. Anyone know?

Mortox

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,
Excellent point and I agree.

Not to talk badly against Riot but they've been known for their oversight or apparent lack of testing in regards to many things.

What better way to ensure balance then to open up new champs to the masses, that way any OP/UP/broken mechanics will get looked at and adjusted much sooner.

More feedback = good

Nuclear Titbit

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Regardless commercial partt behind rotation of new champs - i agreed with idea to make them free the first week. I'm tired of weeks like "released champ - previous champ" every game, and even 2 of them (in opposite teams in normal). For this week i'ts "Karma - Maokai" week.

EmracytE

02-22-2011

Funny part is Veigar was just free acouple weeks ago. blitzcrank was just free in the previous rotation and we all know Warwick is just gay and OP cus he can tank a team 5v1 while spec'd for DPS..... and have you ever saw a team run from one vladimir?

As for a suggustion for next rotation. I Nominate
Xin Zhao Twitch Shaco Trundle Kennan Nidale and Cassiopeia