How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldaris Shadusk

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerifs View Post
There are some heroes that come back just way too much such as Fiddlestick, Ashe or Heimerdinger.

And some that never see the light of the day such as Gragas, Irelia or Evelynn.
I think of it as common, uncommon, and rare (with two champs I believe are on the "banned from rotation" list.)

Gragas and Irelia are both on the rare list. They show up about once every 12 weeks. Both are coming due in the next couple weeks based on that. About 30% of the champions each week are "rare".

Eve is one of two "banned" rotation champs in my book. I don't expect to see the stealthers. Shaco might end up as a third, but we'll see over time.

Ashe and Heimerdinger show up almost every other week, giving new players familiar faces that are easy to play. About 30% of the champions each week are these "common" champions.

The other 40% is the uncommon champs. I'm surprised you listed Fiddlesticks in your "see too much" group, since I'd place him in this group. He shows up about once a month.

YOU SO BAD

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaris Shadusk View Post
If you have been playing 12 weeks, every single champion has been free except Evelyn, Nasus, Twitch, and Mordenkaiser. So in that time there is only 1 6300 champ who hasn't been free (Twitch).

I think Even and Twitch are intentionally held out of rotation due to stealth. (Shaco might end up with them, but he was free exactly 12 weeks ago.)
well said good sir. and yes all the champions have been up in the last 12 weeks. most of the people i see on here are new members tat haven't played very much. there will always be champions you see every other week and champions you will never see. its just to maintain balance effectively let riot reach its goals.

Eldaris Shadusk

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRelent View Post
i started playing in june, since then every champ had been free.. you do an amazing job picking champs.. although twitch has NEVER been free since i started playing. Thats 9 months twitch hasnt been free, i dont want to buy him without trying him first. PLEASE make him free.
They do even better than that. In the last 12 weeks, all but 4 heroes have been free.

Mord was free 13 weeks ago.
Eve and Twitch are stealth, and I believe are held out of rotation by design.
No idea why Nasus hasn't been allowed in recently.

Yepsilys

02-15-2011

cuz his voice was resonating into all of the riot servers and caused massive lag last time he was free.

PrinceDeSorrow

02-15-2011

what if i use ezreal for eg, i think he is a free one this week, will he be gone next week?
and if so how can i get him as a permanent char ?

Ryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceDeSorrow View Post
what if i use ezreal for eg, i think he is a free one this week, will he be gone next week?
and if so how can i get him as a permanent char ?
When Ezreal goes out of rotation, the only way to get to play him again is to either wait for his next appearance, or purchase him for the hefty 6300 IP price tag (or with RP). If you purchase him in the in-game store, he is yours for the life of your account. ^_^

KartoonMac

02-15-2011

Stop making Heimerdinger free so frequently because every one plays him and no one is good with him people keep losing games because on free heimerdinger week just please stop making him free so much it also makes the game near impossible to play when his free just because every one uses him and fail with so please don't make him free to often

sheppys

02-15-2011

[QUOTE=um on march first week you should put free champion twitch karthus katarina garen xin zhao and ryze

PrinceDeSorrow

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn View Post
When Ezreal goes out of rotation, the only way to get to play him again is to either wait for his next appearance, or purchase him for the hefty 6300 IP price tag (or with RP). If you purchase him in the in-game store, he is yours for the life of your account. ^_^
ah thnz.... but that is a dang hefty price lol

jelowisbad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2011

i agree with the idea that the new champions that come out are hard to play..and me and my friend think it would be a good idea to have the champion be free the week they come out, and then anyone that tries them can give their opinion on that champion. that way the price of the champion can be decided more on what people say about the champion, and not just a set price