How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gormyo

08-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da********12 View Post
Why make 450 ip champs free? They are easy to unlock so can you please stop making 450 ip champs free plz
Say that a new player plays a 450 champ without realizing, they play a few games as that champ while it is free and then they find out thats its a really cheap champion but it's their favorite so far. They then buy it because it's cheap and they had great experiences as that champion.

T Pain36

08-13-2014

I suggest making Kassadin, Akali, Karthus, Nidalee, Katarina, Veigar, Nocturne, Twisted Fate, LeBlanc, and Morgana free forever, and get rid of Teemo. That would be a nice world to live in.

Actually Dyrus

08-13-2014

All the junior members and scrubs have posted above this post.

Arena of Ahri

08-13-2014

i really want rotaion lablanc!!
come on!!

ShadowFox217

08-18-2014

Why can't there be a monthly rotation schedule like there was with the sale?

Exalted Phoenix

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffryWinkles View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

Couldn't agree more but feedbacks are given when released in PBE. The reason I still approve this statements is because not a lot of people have PBE and would like to try them before they buy because it's a new champion and everyone gets excited when a new champion gets released.

L4ndX

4 Weeks Ago

there's only and handful of champs that i don't own so I'm always looking forward to free weeks to see if there are any champions worth trying

DaFuzz302

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffryWinkles View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
if new champs were free the first week then what would be the point and buying them, so some random person can beat you to the champ that you just bought.

Diarrhea Juice

4 Weeks Ago

I remembered when they had Rengar two weeks in a row.

Legion Pulse

4 Weeks Ago

Does anyone remember when Yorick was free? >_> Or that moment when you buy a champ you've never tried, then next week its free..? Like @#%*$! Heh, I've had that so many times it's not even funny.. or i buy a champion / skin then the next week, it's on sale.. sigh. The champion listing for free champ rotations & sales, set out for "the month of--" is an excellent idea, and should be permenant.