How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InaneRB

07-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gommbomber View Post
I have an idea. Since the League is influenced most by its players, it should go by what the players want. You know how when there is a championship game going on that you always see a picture advertising it when you first open the game? I think they should make something like that every wednesday or something called Wednesday Voting or something. That way every person can vote for 1 champion they want to see on the free to play list. If they don't want repeats, they could take them off of the list of champs you can vote for. Then they could just put the 6 highest wanted champs on the f2p list and then the 2 lowest on there as well, just to get people to try new things.
This really wouldn't take too long to code out and I think it would be pretty effective. New people are going to have to find out how to play the harder champs sooner or later, so I see no point in putting easier champs on the list more than harder champs. My older brother introduced me to the game and he is the reason I didn't play the champions that turned out to be my favorites until later on because he said they were hard to play as. If they really think this is a problem they could just make the noob champion list last until level 10 instead of level 6 like it is now. Just some thoughts.
Yeah that would be a cool idea!

IX Failsafe XI

07-22-2014

My F2P Champs didnt refresh today. Anyone else having this problem??

ElemenNation

07-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by aýo View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
Well that would be balls because i like to change what champions i play every now and then so no. That would be balls. If you think about it, it would be unfair because some champions counter others so... I could go on but....

Mcsquzzy

07-22-2014

I have not seen Yorick on the free rotation for the past year... Even Urgot has been on it at least twice.
QQ

TheGodOfAwesome

07-23-2014

This looks like a great system.

Inokun

07-24-2014

SMITE gives 5 gods free to every account created, its the same 5 gods on every account so its not unbalanced. If League did something similar that could work. One Champ for each role. Would also allow players to learn the ropes of the game a bit easier I think.

I understand that it isn't likely to happen, but its just a suggestion on how to pull it off without it being unbalanced.

reyxe

07-26-2014

Shaco hasn't been part of the rotation for the past 5 months...

07-28-2014

zed has not been free since 2 months

acepowner1139

07-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to the week of April 1st, when they run 10 yordles.
guess i wont b playing league for a week then lol

Dogreen5555

07-28-2014

Well I think it would be cool to have some sort of pattern, but it's also cool to have new players constantly playing different champions to get them used to each role.