How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Log11destroy

07-14-2014

When Is The Free Champion Rotation Is It Every Week Or Every Two Week Or Three Week?

Echizi

07-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
If you want to hate something for not having a pattern, hate the lottery :P
lolz

gommbomber

07-17-2014

I have an idea. Since the League is influenced most by its players, it should go by what the players want. You know how when there is a championship game going on that you always see a picture advertising it when you first open the game? I think they should make something like that every wednesday or something called Wednesday Voting or something. That way every person can vote for 1 champion they want to see on the free to play list. If they don't want repeats, they could take them off of the list of champs you can vote for. Then they could just put the 6 highest wanted champs on the f2p list and then the 2 lowest on there as well, just to get people to try new things.
This really wouldn't take too long to code out and I think it would be pretty effective. New people are going to have to find out how to play the harder champs sooner or later, so I see no point in putting easier champs on the list more than harder champs. My older brother introduced me to the game and he is the reason I didn't play the champions that turned out to be my favorites until later on because he said they were hard to play as. If they really think this is a problem they could just make the noob champion list last until level 10 instead of level 6 like it is now. Just some thoughts.

REAL F0XY

4 Weeks Ago

can you put irelia on free week

xmasxemnas2012

4 Weeks Ago

Orianna Free Plz! <3

madsi2000

4 Weeks Ago

i think its a good system but maybe u could make 5 out of the 10 free champs to be easy and simple to play and the other 5 champs to be maybe pretty expensive so u get a chance of trying a champion be4 buying it

FuzzyPantsTaz

4 Weeks Ago

Ok. What's it been now, 2 years since Yorrick has been free? Yet he's been on sale at least twice! I get that it's a big forum joke, and all, but I'm not dishing out my IP and definitely not my RP for a champ I can't test

Devante0404

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehemperorer View Post
Bugs me stop making high IP champs available to the public, there's really nothing more annoying than spending all of your IP to get Rengar and then having a bunch of n00bs have access to him for a full week.

I play a lot to get a hero that I'm really excited about and it's really deflating to see that hero free the next week.
You were just unlucky, there is no reason for Riot to implement your suggestion just because you don't like people playing a champ you own. I bought Janna and then two days later she is free, I didn't complain, I just bought a skin to distinguish myself.

DoTheUncleSam

4 Weeks Ago

How come some champs are never free? Like yorick and poppy aren't exactly difficult yet I have basically never seen them on the free week rotation.

InaneRB

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by aýo View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
Just not a good idea i mean yeah that would be cool but think about this a little bit more and i can't explain why this would be a bad idea i just know it would be HORRIBLE