Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How we choose weekly free champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwAirlines

07-01-2014

keep low difficulty champions f2p of the week, Im tired of noobs having no idea how to play a champion.

most people can see how to play high difficulty champions in champion spotlights and other people in game using the champions they want to buy.

amsteroflegends

07-02-2014

awD:

Cmd Bread

07-02-2014

Cool. Bad thing is that since Yasuo is free to play, some lv2 locks him in right away when I wasted all my time earning IP just to get him. D= Maybe Prioritize champions bought with IP?

W33DKush420

07-07-2014

"I don't think Alistar is a tank" -Season 3

Below0Gaming

07-07-2014

Quote:
RiotChris:
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris

Possibly releasing a champ for each position each week. This would be smart as sometimes there are champions that hardly ever are free such as yorrick. This would also make giving everyone a chance to play all the champions alot easier and help people find champs they want to main easier. Thank you for reading this.

Azenturi

07-07-2014

I get that this post is 4 years old by now but... I find it odd how there's supposedly no pattern for champion rotations, yet for the year that I've been playing, it's always changed on a Tuesday.

Paramize

07-07-2014

^u^

Stupidityiscool

07-08-2014

for week 4 could we have a rengar and ziggs in ;p

YouJustGotBurned

07-11-2014

When is yorick gonna be free

basictiger

07-14-2014

I think we need trundle free