How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Navy Blue Fire

Recruiter

05-14-2014

I think the champion rotation should change at a specific day and time. It should be Saturday or Sunday at 12 midnight.

Knight Viony

05-15-2014

Soooooooo it wasn't picked by Lulu?

AlertFromHell

05-16-2014

Thank you!

Whiteflux213

05-19-2014

I want to have Pantheon again....

rawrarwrarwr

05-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Thanks for the info
finally I now know how free week works

SnakeyMan

05-26-2014

The only two champs I want to try are Gangplank and Syndra...they haven't been free in a reeeeaaaally long time.

A Fawn

05-26-2014

Why do people bump this

Gaarashatan

05-26-2014

you need to make more champs available per week. and fix yorick so he cna be free

jackeau

05-26-2014

Make Yasuo free please. I have been wanting to try him out before I buy him. You guys should do polls on which champions should be free.

TMSkinner

05-26-2014

So since the release of the new system that gives the young'uns some free champions to play until a certain level, wouldn't it be more advantageous to release say, one lineup, as in one 5 member team of low difficulty champions? So like an Ashe, Soraka, Jax, Veigar, Amumu for the new summoners that want something easy to play and learn, and then ramp up the difficulty/rarity of play for the remaining free champions to help more experienced players decide whether or not to buy someone, etc. I've always wanted to learn to play Syndra, but I can't remember the last time she was free for the week. This way, you can add Yorick back to the lineup and still give the children some "click this button for a triple kill" champions. That way, the people who know how to play can get their rocks off trying someone with a high skill cap and still keep the lineup balanced. I also think there needs to be more of a metagame focus on difficulty levels of champions. I know when I first started playing that I would choose a champion because they looked cool in the icon and wouldn't find out how difficult it was to play Lee Sin until I was 0/6. It would be cool if you could add a little meter (that you can toggle in preferences or something) at the bottom of each icon showing the difficulty level of each champion.