How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masterknowitall

05-06-2014

I go to my grandmas house everyday and try to play lol. I love this game. However, theres one champion i awlays wanted o play. That champion will be malzahar. I will be moving away from my grandmas house this month on the 25. I just really wanted to ask you with all my heart if you guys can make malzahar free for one week before the 25. Please keep in consideration of this. Thank you and have a great year.

PhearaclE

05-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Summoner 1 : Make every champion free?

Summoner 2 : ^ This guy makes the best suggestions! ^

LoneWolfBloodT

05-09-2014

So, I would just like a little more info on how you pick the champions. It's kinda hard to understand the concept of the free week picks sometimes. Could someone help me understand a bit further? Wow, don't I sound like Vel'Koz =P

Seth the Bum

05-12-2014

So... someone just decided this week should be all about purple, or is the theme associated with something I'm not familiar with?

mase598

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I personally would like if we could have some sort of voting system implemented where once a week the community can vote on which characters are added. But if possible have it where there is 2 champions which has a specific roll considered there "main roll" added. For example 2 assassins, 2 tanks, 2 supports, 2 marksmans and 2 champions good for jungling. This way we can not vote in 6 supports a tank an assassin, 2 marksmans and a jungle. We can have an even amount of voted upon champions that are considered being a "main roll" for a specific roll. That way we can give newer players an idea of how each roll is to be played.

By doing this we can vote in champions we can't afford but would like to play to try them before buying them so we do not waste RP or IP on champions we think we will like when we can afford them. It will also help let us see what a lot of the champions for specific rolls are like. For example, if Sona gets voted in new players will have a chance to try a really good support to see what a support should do. And assuming that other players are friendly and don't mind giving pointers on how to be a support (or any roll really) then we can help newer players learn 2 champions of a specific roll to hopefully learn how to play that roll and champion better and possibly lead them to purchasing that said champion.

Chandera

05-12-2014

First time Malzahar has been in the champion rotation since S2... I don't know if I should be mad or glad...I own him now so I guess it doesn't matter, I just want more people to play my favorite champion

Jax Carries U

05-12-2014

This freeweek tastes like purple.

Zantheus

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterknowitall View Post
I go to my grandmas house everyday and try to play lol. I love this game. However, theres one champion i awlays wanted o play. That champion will be malzahar. I will be moving away from my grandmas house this month on the 25. I just really wanted to ask you with all my heart if you guys can make malzahar free for one week before the 25. Please keep in consideration of this. Thank you and have a great year.
this guy got his wish

basictiger

05-12-2014

We really need vi in the free champ rotation.

Ant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandera View Post
First time Malzahar has been in the champion rotation since S2... I don't know if I should be mad or glad...I own him now so I guess it doesn't matter, I just want more people to play my favorite champion
What are you talking about? The last time Malz was in the rotation was during pre-season 4.