How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minon7

04-28-2014

Please make Vel Koz FREE

lilg1233

04-28-2014

can you please put zac in rotation i have not seen him in yet and im lvl 25

manuher12

04-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Well i woould like to see champs like urgot or Yorick i really think that every champ is awesome so why not those(urgot and yorick).

ZekRamU

Recruiter

04-28-2014

Thanks for the info

ZekRamU

Recruiter

04-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuher12 View Post
Well i woould like to see champs like urgot or Yorick i really think that every champ is awesome so why not those(urgot and yorick).
I agree, if every champ is different they should get a chance. Like make people free that are not part of the current meta, to try and spark change in the meta. People like urgot, Galio, they are just not played anymore.

KayTwo

04-28-2014

There is a reason Yorick is banned from the free week rotation, lets hope it stays that way.

CriticalMan123

04-28-2014

Riot here is a tip to picking your free week champs. Pick them in ways that you will never not get used to them. This past week I stopped playing because the champs sucked and it looks like it's going to happen again. Next week please go enjoyable champs and ones that most people don't have and how they are fun and will last all week.

Entezio

04-28-2014

yea seriously the champs you guys pick suck
the only champ this week im somewhat interested in playing is cassiopiea
fk ur free week u kunt bags

John Skye

04-28-2014

I have started that game during the week 2 rotation and I have gone 1-30 and haven't seen the listed champions free.

Alistar, Brand, Dr. Mundo, Evelynn, Gragas, Hecarim, Kassadin, Malzahar, Maokai, Mordekaiser, Poppy, Rammus, Rumble, Singed, Sion, Swain, Tristana, Udyr, Urgot, Vi, Viktor, Yorick, Zac, Zilean.

There were a lot of champions that have went on sale that I didn't buy because I have never played them. Also why do some champions get to be on the list multiple times before going through every champion? I understand some roles are necessary to fulfill the meta.

If not them, full Yordle rotation.

DEATHLYPIE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffryWinkles View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
While there wouldn't be immediate feedback on the champions, they will become free rather soon, and quite honestly I believe this will make a good amount of money, there are a lot of people who will pay for the skin bundle the week or even day of release, and if they get to play the champion right away then they might decide not to buy the champion

I just wanted to put another perspective out there.