How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spencer3423

04-17-2014

I'm new but for some reason I can't play the free rotation champions. I can only play Ashe, Warwick,ryze,garren,and a few others. Why can't I use the free rotation champions?

abady612

04-17-2014

no thresh no no no game noob

superdupersilas

04-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
So because say zed is hard that's why I haven't seen him but have seen say thresh twice?

Tsurricane

04-21-2014

Thanks so much! Now I understand how these work! ^^

Tsurricane

04-21-2014

Spencer, to your question, you might need to check if your mouse is working. XD I'm guessing that wouldn't help but just check, ok? ^^

fire masterD

04-21-2014

I don't know how common it is but Janna was free two weeks in a row recently and don't understand how that happens , and do you guys ever put champions in the free rotation that are hardly being used so to encourage people to try and then play the champion more often ?

Midnight Ryo

04-21-2014

I stared a new acc and i noticed i can play some 6300 champs. Week 14 or 13 i couldn't play riven for some reason and ahri. Do i have to lvl more to play more 6300 champs?

Anonymousaur

04-21-2014

I haven't seen:

Poppy, Mundo, Evelynn, Singed, Sion, Tristana, Gragas, Kassadin, LeBlanc, Mordekaiser, Nidalee, Urgot, Galio, Maokai, Rumble, Swain, Yorick, Hecarim, Vi, Viktor, Zac, or Zilean.

Be F2P for months since I 1st started in November.

They are the only champions I have yet to try...

Dragonknight2020

04-21-2014

Quote:
what pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.
I would love for champions who have recently gotten a rework to be free the following (or even that) week.
For people in situations like mine. I recently played Rengar, and loved every moment of it, but I'm hearing bad things about his recent rework, so I'm not sure if I should spend the (I believe) 6500 IP on a champion I may not like any more, so if I could have a chance to play him before buying, I'd know if I still liked him.

White Shadow1414

04-21-2014

Can we please have vi for next week