How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Knox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

Why is Master Yi free? I was under the impression every player in LoL already owned him. ;-)

White Ganksta

01-31-2011

Personally i think that in practice games, users should be able to choose from any of the champions currently in the game, while in normal/ranked they must own the champion or stick with the rotation. Having every champion available to play in practice matches would be great for those wanting to try out someone that they plan on purchasing.

Dudeman93

01-31-2011

I love the fact that we always get to play the newest champion 2 weeks after release... but alot of the time i want to do this in a practice match against some bots by myself. Why the hell cant i just play with some ****ed bots? too many times have i tried to create a custom game and fill it with bots just to find out i need 2 or 3 or 4 players instead. **** that. thats silly.

Rohammers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

what kind of chars do you prefer to pick over? like 6.3k champs more then the 1.35k and 450?

USnip

01-31-2011

Do you really have to bump this thread every two weeks? Seriously? Jesus.

Lippoe Nutiket

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeman93 View Post
I love the fact that we always get to play the newest champion 2 weeks after release... but alot of the time i want to do this in a practice match against some bots by myself. Why the hell cant i just play with some ****ed bots? too many times have i tried to create a custom game and fill it with bots just to find out i need 2 or 3 or 4 players instead. **** that. thats silly.
I don't know exactly what you have been doing, but you can make a practice game full of bots. You don't have to have players (except yourself).

Sneaky PigIet

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippoe Nutiket View Post
I don't know exactly what you have been doing, but you can make a practice game full of bots. You don't have to have players (except yourself).
try again i think its a new thing. i use to play practice games to see what different builds would yield but today i tried and it wouldn't let me without at least one more.

MadSkillzs

02-01-2011

My favorite and mastered champ is Udyr, but is strange.
I didnt see him free since i enter in LoL.

RaeSaidon

02-01-2011

why is this on the front page?

Reknepz

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixKitty View Post
Yes there is. People trying out Champions they've never played before can play some Practice matches to see whether or not they would actually want to play them in a real game.
Yeah if they buy them first. I think you missed his point. He's saying that he's skeptical about lets say.... buying mordekaiser for 965 RP (or whatever it is) because he hasn't played him before. Well, he'll either have to wait an unguessable amount of weeks to try him out, or buy him and hope he's good. Dangerous decision for the excited impulsive gamer >.<