Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How we choose weekly free champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black24Attack

03-31-2014

PLEASE put in Aatrox! I've been waiting for him on free week forever!!! (I missed the one two months ago)

MilliVanilli

03-31-2014

In the last 5 months we have not seen champions such as; Vi, Rumble, Hecarim, Zac, Nidalee, Gragas, Galio and a couple others, yet we have seen some champs been in the rotation 3 times. Add in the fact that you offer champs in the rotation that are available for 450 IP, which could be released in just a few games. I am baffled. These players aren't cheap and I am not going to buy them before I play them first, and I would really like to play them, especially Rumble with his new skin. Thanks

Scott Leo

04-01-2014

the pattern of the most picked champions in that week should be free to play on the next week.

Hexss

04-01-2014

Today ITS ALL DRAVEN

LEAGUE OF DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN FOR A proper URF day

Happy URF DAY

MyrmidonOfCh4os

04-01-2014

Quote:
JeffryWinkles:
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

I agree with this. Not to mention, you would probably have more champ purchases and satisfied purchases. I refuse to buy a champ when they first come out because I don't even know if I'll like their play style or skill set. I would be more likely to invest in a new champ if I was given the opportunity to test run them and make a decision on my own ability to play them. I mean, just because someone learned how to play a new champ well, it doesn't mean that everyone can play that style. It's more of personal preference. But, that's just my opinion on the matter. But, as it stands, when a new champ comes out my only focus is how to counter them, not how to play them.

SpectreSlayer15

04-05-2014

i feel like it would be pretty cool if riot made it to where if we played every single champion on the free list at least once in the week they were out we were able to choose one of the free champions and get it for free only as long as we play all of the free champions at least once during their rotation

Xanxus XI

04-06-2014

why do i have a different set of free champions in my account?

Creatorofunkown

04-07-2014

Quote:
RiotChris:
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris

lala

TheQuixoticKid

04-07-2014

No, we just want to be able to play all champions. Like a lot of other people have been saying, there are other champs we would like to play that have not been free in over six months; while there have been the same champions in rotation every three weeks WHY??

ThePhantomLurker

04-07-2014

Srsly. Why isn't Yorwick ever free?