How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheimerine

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkossio View Post
i have played almost a year Lol and i haven never seen a free yorik, and u should fix the champions cost, the older champs should be more cheap; thanks
Yorick is blacklisted from being in the free champion rotation. I believe the logic was that he is neither fun to play as for a new player, nor fun to play against for a new player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusThrizzl View Post
I would like to see some of the less used, less "powerful" champs (not that the champs stated are less powerful) on the rotation i.e.. Viktor, Alistar, Graves, etc...
Regarding Alistar (and Tristana) they are also blacklisted because they're technically always free.

NoodistBeachuh

03-18-2014

bilbo baggins

InzertNameHere

03-18-2014

I'm still waiting to see Yorick for the week. Not one week have I seen him as an option to play, and it takes way too long to save up for him. Another one is Rumble, a completely forgotten champion who I have seen played once in my 2 years of playing. Please bring these champions back from the dead and get the older champs who are really expensive back into the weekly champs.

XeonDev

03-18-2014

No riot. That's how you choose it.

What did XeonDev buy yesterday? Oh Kha'zix so lets put it up for free.
What did XeonDev buy today hm..? Renekton! oh! Let's put him up.
What does XeonDev plan to buy today... Oh! "Evelynn purchased" let's put her up

SuperFrenchFry

03-18-2014

Q. so champs are released on there skill cap?
you guys should try a voting system, ie, Ive always wanted to play Zac but I don't want to just buy him i want to try him out first. It could be a good way for different champs to be free.

Kaveh950

03-18-2014

is there any way you could set up a voting system? if we could vote on only 3 or 4 of the new free champions it would be great. you guys could pick the ones you think should be free and we can get our say. im not saying it should be completely random either. maybe we could have 5 champions to pick from and the top three are added plus seven other that are riots picks. i just feel like a little more involvement on our part would make the game more fun

Namizaki

03-23-2014

How come Swain has never been free??? -_____________________________________-

soulbanana8

03-24-2014

I feel like they should put 2-3 FotM champs(currently Lulu, Leblanc), then put 3-4 really underplayed champs(Sion, Aniva, Swain, etc), then put some other champs that were never really on free week(Hecarim, Zac, etc).
FotM makes it such that you don't blindly buy a FotM champ and end up not liking it, UP champs make it so that you try a different strategy than the meta, and those that were never on free week just get picked up and people don't always QQ about something like no Yorick, no Hec, no Morde, etc.

Nero Blackheart

03-24-2014

So when is Yorick going to be in the champion rotation?

hehahahaahhey

03-24-2014

why are there always new people that die all the time when you first get on your new smurf account and play a game with them?