How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrFluffy05

03-18-2014

Yorick please! I beg of you! Make him free just this one time!

Happy Yuno

03-18-2014

oh my this thread was old when i joined

KronicKush420

03-18-2014

I agree with the current format for champ rotation, but I feel it could be updated every several patches or so. I feel like Leona, the most tanky support champ in game, is free far too often. She's a great champ, but to people who play ARAM, and freebies are accounted in which champ you play, Leona is by far one of the least wanted champs to pick (or at least for me she is). Maybe swapping out which "easier" champs are selected every now and then will improve this. Please don't forget about us League players who still adore ARAM! <3

MlSFIT

03-18-2014

Please stop making Leona free. She's not fun to play or play against.

toymonkeyjr

03-18-2014

Q Do the Champions rotate on the same day every week?
It seems to me that every Tuesday new champs become free to play this has been happening to me ever since i started playing LOL and i dont know if thats o glitch or something so yea?

Ichigo kurosake

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I've already seen a pattern, the only thing different is that when a new champ comes out, they take 1 out from the rotation and swap the new champ in.

xkossio

03-18-2014

i have played almost a year Lol and i haven never seen a free yorik, and u should fix the champions cost, the older champs should be more cheap; thanks

JesusThrizzl

03-18-2014

I would like to see some of the less used, less "powerful" champs (not that the champs stated are less powerful) on the rotation i.e.. Viktor, Alistar, Graves, etc...

The Lexer

03-18-2014

galio pls?

Raftelx

03-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusThrizzl View Post
I would like to see some of the less used, less "powerful" champs (not that the champs stated are less powerful) on the rotation i.e.. Viktor, Alistar, Graves, etc...
alistar and tristana will never be on the free list, because you can get them and the free skins, by liking the facebook and youtube.