How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ace Pok3r

Recruiter

02-24-2014

hey riot can u guys pls put nidalee pharaoh skin sale, you guys never put her on sale, u guys have to put yasuo skin to because that i never say it sale. pls riot next week pls put this 2 skins on sale.

megaalbert

02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Where the hell is Yorick?

Spitsonkittens

02-24-2014

Why do you guys keep bumping this? I'm 99% positive they don't look at this ancient thread.

The Real XcomVic

02-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
Why do you guys keep bumping this? I'm 99% positive they don't look at this ancient thread.
You just bumped it again...oops, so did I.

Defnist47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2014

Wow, Trundle a fighter has 6 defensive bars, lucian has 5 and nautilus 6. Maybe naut as a pure tank should get some buffs if lucian has almost as much defense? Naut has 74.5 armor at max level and lucian has 69. Even trundle at max has less than lucian at 67.9. With trundles ult he is the tankiest. Give naut buffs!

LogikBomb99

02-24-2014

I would definitely like to see some of the more obscure and rarely used champs on the rotation for sure.
Like Urgot, Sejuani, Rumble, Maokai, and Galio to name a few.

Zimmaster7

02-24-2014

Hey RiotChris,
I did some research into the rotation schedule from now(S4w6) all the way back to Season 3 week 9. I found your process heavily favors supports(i.e Blitz, Janna, Nami, Sona, Soraka and Taric) occurred atleast 7 times in those 10 months. Similar patterns arose in the ADC category (i.e. Ashe, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Quinn and Sivir) with the same greater than 7 occurrences in the last 10 months. Now, I am to understand this is because "some Champions are simpler to play that others"(quote from FAQ above). My first problem lies in that most(not all) of these champions are 3150IP and under. So they aren't as significant an investment as the 4800 or 6300 IP champions. So you can buy them and not have to invest days trying to get the IP. Next, The current trend in the rotation favors bottom lane as supports and ADCs dominate in prevalence. Junglers/Top Laners/Bruisers/Tanks and Mages Don't occur as frequently per champion. I'm more just curious what the logic is behind this trend if you are aware it is happening. Also, Alistar, Tristana ,Sion, Poppy and Yorik have not appeared in the rotation at any point in the last ten months.

So, here are my questions after all that pretext

1) Why do you bother putting the 450 Champions in the rotation frequently or at all? If you play 2-3 games you can easily buy one of them.
2) Why don't we see repeats of Junglers/Top Lane/Bruisers/(Non-Support)Tanks/Mages as frequently as we see the same ADC and Supports?
3) Why Hasn't Yorik, Tristana or Sion been in the rotation? Personally I think they're still viable.
4) Has or does Riot consider looking into the volume of purchases of a champion to decide whether or not to put them in the rotation? The purchases could be inversely proportional to rotation appearances.(Excluding purchases from a champions initial release as there's going to be a spike)

Thanks for your time

Zimmaster7

PS I have included an Excel spreadsheet

Attached Files
File Type: zip League_of_Legends_ChampionRotationPatterns.zip (9.5 KB, 29 views)

KOBAANNI

02-24-2014

kk

drybones5687

02-25-2014

riot plz gave yasuo next week for free week rotation

Death5troke

02-25-2014

why not make it so ppl pick wat champ they want free and u blocked resent champs so people dont pick a champ for 3 weeks.