How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fawad05

01-28-2014

I am very thankful to you guyz that you care for us this much

Pinkwraith

01-28-2014

Riot needs to do a week of free to play champs for all of the ones who never see free weeks, such as poppy, who hasn't seen a free week since season 2, week 31. and the last time she saw a free week before that was around the lulu launch date. when people are starting, they don't need specific lane compisitions that follow the meta, since they play what they enjoy, such as shen renekton bot lanes, and revive clairvoyance jungle janna. it is depressing that you guys release champions even you shun and ignore simply because you don't think anyone enjoys playing them.

HeyMrPresident

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Good suggestions Giggz (and welcome to the US forums). However, some of the Champions have positive or negative synergies across types. For instance, if we made Twitch and Shaco free the same week, it would be stealth-city. Or what about Ryze, Morgana, Blitzcrank and Malphite - that would be stun-ville (but they're all different types). That could happen coincidentally if we used lists of types, so I like the personally-tweaked rotations rather than automatic (and then we can listen to player requests). It also ensures that we have enough easy Champions in the rotations - our #1 goal.

- RiotChris
My Request is that (even though I own her)Irelia be made free more. I think she was only available once or twice season 3 (could be wrong but I digress) for the longest time hearing "better nerf Irelia" had absolutely no meaning because I never played against one. I eventually just purchased her to see how she worked (but of course went against one >.<) and again I only did that because frostbutt... I mean frostblade was on sale

ThornxJlly

01-28-2014

I think you shouldnt be allowed to have the same champ on rotation every month ffs, caitlyn,mf, and fiora seem to always be choosen, when others like rumble and yorick are just left in the dust.

Best AD Top NA

01-28-2014

ziggs pls

Best Tankmo NA

01-28-2014

who's yorick? is he some guy riot might release?

Huluwah

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Tankmo NA View Post
who's yorick? is he some guy riot might release?
bto the gravedigger is released in 2011

TheBaconDubstep

01-29-2014

Make ziggs free next

kyles1216

01-30-2014

I like the way they do it, but I think it could be changed to more of an advantage a little if new champs were first on the list of the new rotation only for the feedback on them so that if there broken they can be fixed fast and become a true champion within weeks instead of a lot longer.

LLFinestGeoff

02-01-2014

i thought it changed every tuesday