How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenDaze

01-20-2014

Let zac, zed and rumble be free next week! Been wanting to see if these guys would be fun and haven't seen them since I have been here...

kooljac702

01-21-2014

Why not make 9 free champions and make the tenth available for the user to choose at their discretion. It would give people a chance to try a new character they are interested, and provide more variety in games. It would also be good to have just 1 choice to give them something to look forward too.

Athan Ryder

01-21-2014

Seeing as, with the new update, new players have a static list of champions to play in early levels, can you make the weekly free champion rotation cater more towards higher level and more experienced players? What I mean is, take away the champions that appear often, and give all champions equal rotation.

3WaysToLife

01-21-2014

Ty for the info !

NineTales9

01-21-2014

can you people start bumping this thread? it's an outdated lie that worked back when there were only 40 champions, and doesn't work anymore now that there are 117 with champions like Urgot and Yorick not being on free rotation since 2 years

judicator4765

01-21-2014

"I don't think Alistar is a tank" -_- I don't care what you build on Alistar, he's still pretty tanky.

Vortex Senpai

01-21-2014

I think while you bring the easier champions in the free champ rotation you should bring the less common harder ones in. I wouldn't mind to see Viktor, Zac, Lissandra, Zed, Yorick, and Rumble a bit more.

HikaruDiAngelo

01-21-2014

In S3 Ahri was super popular and she very rarely was on free week, Ahri was pretty easy to play too (Ahri + DFG = Instakill without any worry about hit a single skillshot), but after her nerfs, she misteriously started to be a common champion on free weeks, even though her skillfloor / skillcap had been increased, what's not good for new players.

There's definitely something wrong here.

Ackous

01-21-2014

I think that making new people wait two weeks for new champs to be free is a little long, but I also think that having them free the first week they come out is a little ridiculous. I mean whats the point to having the ip raise if they're going to be free anyways, and also i feel like that first week should be for people who have wanted to play said champion and have saved up the proper ip or bought him with rp. But I also think that one week would be a perfect amount of time, the people who took the time to save up get exclusive use of the champion, but for people who can't decide (like me) on whether or not they want to buy the champion would get to know whether or not they actually like the play style and not have to wait a long time, because let's be honest, you know two weeks is a long time to wait for just one champion.

On another subject, I feel like it would be a great idea to list the choices that you choose to have as the free champions at least a couple days before you release them. I cant tell you how many times that I've bought a champion and then the next day they were free. I fell that if you did this then the LoL community would better understand the champions that they own, because they could wait for them to be free instead of just going out and buying them and turning out that they really don't like the champion(s) that they bought.

But that's just my 2 cents :P

PS: and to NineTails9's post "can you people start bumping this thread? it's an outdated lie that worked back when there were only 40 champions, and doesn't work anymore now that there are 117 with champions like Urgot and Yorick not being on free rotation since 2 years" Both Yorick and Urgot were free only a couple of weeks ago...

CBHilarious

01-22-2014

funnuy