How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GarShek

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxWulvesxX View Post
^ That's bulls***. If they want the champ enough, they'll pay for him.
Also, what the fck, riot?! Do you put recently purchased champs as free?! I just bought Rengar. My friend bought Kha'Zix. I also bought Fizz. AND THEY'RE ALL F2P!!!! What the hell! Now I seem like a noob! You should at least give players some recognition symbol, like a little ribbon on top that says, "I purchased this champion!" and then we don't seem so nooby.
If you don't want to look like a "noob," then don't play like one.

enriquebucus

01-15-2014

cgh

Cocidious

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Getting some of the under played Complex champs in to rotation could boost sales and get people out of the trend of just playing the basic champs over and over and over it can be hard to want to risk rp or ip on champs that you have never had the option to use before. Its hard enough to want to put the time or effort in to learning a new champ with out risking money on a untested complex champ. (side note) some champs like Galio iv never seen in a summoners rift... maybe if he were on free rotation you could get more feed back on why no one likes to use him.

Skarekroww

01-15-2014

I think Darius would be a good free week. Reason for that is he's OP once u get your first weapon IMO, as well as he's not to hard to get the hang of

StrikingBladeX

01-15-2014

Can u put yasuo, jinx, vanye, rengar, fizz and kha zix

matrii thana

01-20-2014

maokai, zilean, poppy and rumble have not been on the list in a while. any chance they could make an appearance?

bloop16

01-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrii thana View Post
maokai, zilean, poppy and rumble have not been on the list in a while. any chance they could make an appearance?
r yo(rick)u srs

FasterThanTurtle

01-20-2014

yorick fking mori in this free week please riot

AlinedDenial

01-20-2014

Can you guys do a thread on how skin sales are selected?

Blackmalphite036

01-20-2014

hi riot i am a ranked player and i would kindly like to suggest a good note for you i think you should only let free champion rotations to only summoners lower then 30 and new people and to people who are level 30 to only use free champion rotations in co-op bots or customs or aram only i think to me is only fair to others