Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How we choose weekly free champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KILLMYCOW

01-13-2014

they should put zac as a fee champ

MiyokoShadow

01-13-2014

If a champ comes in a free rotation, will they be on sale soon? I think that may be a good idea encase the player gets really attached to the champ, but doesn't have enough IP for it.

XxWulvesxX

01-13-2014

^ That's bulls***. If they want the champ enough, they'll pay for him.
Also, what the fck, riot?! Do you put recently purchased champs as free?! I just bought Rengar. My friend bought Kha'Zix. I also bought Fizz. AND THEY'RE ALL F2P!!!! What the hell! Now I seem like a noob! You should at least give players some recognition symbol, like a little ribbon on top that says, "I purchased this champion!" and then we don't seem so nooby.

Zahza007

01-14-2014

I like the idea of simple champs to play but for the longest time i really wanted to play yorick and he has not come up in the rotation since i started playing. maybe you guys could put a few "difficult" champs to play in each rotation that way we don't see someone like Ashe all the time in the rotation. Just a suggestion riot

xGxMACx

01-14-2014

Quote:
SinfulHope:
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

idk man but then people who want to actually buy him cant play him because everyone else already picked him usually they are free like a week after that way people get a chance to actually learn about the champ before kids start auto locking that champ. idk could be wrong

LeTaco11

01-14-2014

I have a suggestion for riot. For the free week, the players who have been playing for a while still have not played many of the champions. For example, I and many others have not played yorick yet. Some of us still haven't played champs like vi, swain, and zac, and i see this as a problem. My suggestion is that you put of champions that have not recently been free, or these underplayed champs will still not be played or bought until they are free.

DonkeyBalls

Recruiter

01-14-2014

Still pawning off this outdated explanation...

THISISSPARCHU

01-15-2014

Can u make it like this week Guns team next week bombs team and stuffs?SO it will be pretty cool

MissRoseluck

01-15-2014

the choice is: as many melee champions as they think they can get away with in order to make ARAM a nightmare

bonur

01-15-2014

Thanks for the info!