How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zomokun

12-20-2013

please make Brand & Zed free next champion rotation.

Killerthrash

12-23-2013

In the six months that I have played LOL, Hecarim has never been free to play. Please have him free to play in the next few weeks . TY

snaggletewf

12-23-2013

lel

League of pro

12-24-2013

RiotChris this week for the champs there not working because its Tuesday and I played a game and I couldint shen or ezreal so fick it pls

Aurora Borealis

12-24-2013

Please, let me try out Nidalee been waiting for months... thank you!

Kenji Chang

12-24-2013

YASUO's FREE!!!!!!

Rngrs Apprentice

12-24-2013

Look, I was SOOOO excited for the new free week champs because there was volibear on free week. I can't remember who else was on free week but I remember it wasn't fun to go up against the free week characters. So when i found out Ezreal, Kog-maw, AND Yasuo are on free week, I wasn't thrilled. What I'm trying to say is PLEASE try not to put a few over-powered champs in the same week. It isn't fun on the receiving end, and people who save up for them aren't happy when people are just playing them for free week and do well because the characters are overpowered. I hope you take this into account, and thank you in advance.

BallzXDeep

12-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
I think that if you want to play the new champs when they are released then you should save up ip prior to the release. I think they should always give it a couple weeks so those who spend the ip or rp get something out of it. Its only fair imo.

TeamTeemo87

12-24-2013

do you like turtles?

gubby530

12-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I think u could have one of each category like have 1 fighter 1 assassin 1 support 1 marksman and so on. I hope u can take this into consideration. :)