How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorty

01-27-2011

lol why people bumping this/

Dactylogram

01-27-2011

Is there a way to see future champion rotations? There are a number of champions I would like to try/try again. If you make this info known, then it would help me in planning which weeks to make sure to play LoL.

harveyblade

01-27-2011

[QUOTE=RiotChris;509536]What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
make some guys like a boy ashe

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2011

I think that champion rotations should be planned out by popular demand. You have a new poll every week. And then when the polls are done, you pick out the popular voted champions (i.e. The most popular tank, dps, ranged, etc). Exclude any champion already free in the past 4 weeks from the poll. And try to pick two of every type of champ (except for maybe like 1 jungler).

william4

01-27-2011

How about you just give us 10 free picks every rotation. that way everyone can pick their own 10 every time. Also make it were you can not pick any of the same 10 for at least the next 2-3 rotations.

Although i dont really have any clue what im talking about i just started playing last week. fun game.

Ironmann199

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2011

i would like some more advanced players to be free because my friends are really high level and can buy them i just want to try them out for free to see if i want to buy them

Majiger

01-27-2011

More taric pl0x!

Dodzh

01-27-2011

i dont know, i think the current system is fine the way it is

S1gh7

01-27-2011

just a thought that came to me with the "no pattern" guy

It'll be fun like.. once a week or somethin like that... that champion rotation has some roleplaying onto it...

like some kind of long term conflict (that would last the week of the rotation) between 2 groups of champions... so at the start of the week u should have to choose 1 of the 2 groups and depending on how good u did during the week o could get an extra reward or something

its just a thought though

The Underlord

01-28-2011

why not put some of the new champs in there so we can try them out before actually having to buy them straight away.
thnx.