How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lachlain

12-06-2013

Riot could you plz post Irelia and Le Blanc soon? would love to try those champions out

iBrayson

12-07-2013

I'm entirely new to this game, and I feel out of place suggesting things, but while reading over some of this I did have an idea that I'd like to suggest.

Considering that all players had to begin without owning any characters, they were subject to the weekly shuffle since their accounts conception, right? I really like the idea of it actually. It succeeds in bringing variety to beginner matches and allows people to try out champions that they don't own.

Something else that was mentioned, though, sparked my request. In an attempt to allow new players access to simple characters, you tend to throw in the same general champions on a frequent basis. I think that you could make this process much more efficient by giving everyone a set few starting champions that you would naturally throw in the shuffle anyways. By doing that, you eliminate the need to have the shuffle "restricted" to accommodate newcomers, and allow people to try out more champions on a weekly basis (potentially encouraging more people to buy something they liked). I realize that this may have already been suggested before; regardless though, I am in favor of the idea. I hope that it's maybe considered.

lexcion

12-07-2013

sejuani has not bin free in a while

Drunkhoe

12-07-2013

can you guys please have malzahar for the next week?i would truly appreciate it.thank you

ColdKnight97

12-09-2013

I haven't seen lissandra in a while, she would be nice to see free again, and maybe sejuani as lexicon has mentioned. I would personally love to see Lee Sin again.

cojorts

12-09-2013

I am posting this on page 688, so I am going to assume at least one person has said this before.

I would like for champions to go on sale during or shortly after their free week.

I see someone on sale, but I talk myself out of buying them because I haven't had a chance to try them out. Then it seems like the next week they end up on the free roster and I try them and love them. Then I spend the next 6 months kicking myself for not buying them when I had the chance.

NidameShadow

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
Personally I'm looking forward to the week of April 1st, when they run 10 yordles.
Yordle punting time.

Drunkhoe

12-09-2013

can we have malzahar?

TheFreljord

12-09-2013

When can you guys make Sejuani free? I just started and got the hang of it but i wanna try out Sejuani... so can you guys make her free next week??THX

Fancy Oaf

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
I appreciate your two cents, but remember, Riot needs to make money. All the updates and servers cost money to upkeep, and how do they make that money? They make it through new champions and skins. If the champion was free to play on the first week, they wouldn't make near as much money, which means they wouldn't be able to afford as many updates and wouldn't be able to make as many champions and skins. So think of it as a blessing that it takes a few weeks before new champions go on free rotation, those few weeks are funding the best free game on the internet.
And all you people who are always hating on riot, go find a different game. If you don't like it, don't pay it. They are letting you play for free, so there is really no reason you should be complaining. It's not like you lost a bunch of money on it (assuming that if you hate it so much you aren't throwing your cash into skins and champions).