How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

penguinjoe12334

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Just pick them out of a hat with the easier champs in more times

Sir Fuzzi

12-02-2013

I think a lot of people want to see Yorick go free.

I also don't see a lot of Sion or Mundo. Is this just luck or are they due for heavy reworks and being informally benched?

Suave Senpai

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Fuzzi View Post
I also don't see a lot of Sion or Mundo. Is this just luck or are they due for heavy reworks and being informally benched?
They're currently working on Urgot and I believe lux reworks right now, so probably not immediately.

Team Siren

12-03-2013

Why are there so many same champions recently? Rengar was on for 3 weeks straight while MF, Sivir, and Lux was already on not too long ago.

LunarCainLegacy

12-03-2013

Anyone notice all the unpopular/underplay/Dead/boring/very nerfed/**** champions no longer exist on the Champion rotation?

Mankiller007

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyImLazy View Post
I agree w/ most of this but not for the same reasons. New champs should always be freee the first week because you dont want to regret buying a champ that you cant play... For example i bought varus the other day ( he isnt necesarrily NEW but i had never played him before ). Little old me thouht " i see people play varus all the time how hard can it be " .... needless to say i fed the next game , and the game after that. I wanted my money back as i realized he wasnt as easy as i thought he would be but i had used my 3 refunds already. Had he been free i wouldnt have needed to waste my money to buy a champ i cant play. Just saying this will help alot of people out there buying new champs as soon as they're patched in. ps: UNBANNN ME ROIT PLZZZZ!!! :/
Dude, varus is not hard to play. he is super easy. trust me, hes great for picking off far away kills. just read some guides or something.........ill even help you if you need...

Maxine Exler

12-03-2013

Love the idea, hate it when people take my champions since they are free for the week lol.

vortre

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I was just thinking that for a method to choose free champions for the week. It is good to try to make sure that the general roles for champions are covered, but what if one champion each week would be the "players' choice" champion. Meaning that during the week players could vote like once a day on a champion that hasn't been free for a minimum of 2 or 3 weeks, and then the champion with the most votes would be added to the already planned list of champions. This way players that have tried many champions and they have their eye on trying out a specific champion, they can add their input to say that here is someone that they are interested in and would like to try out. Now if a select few champions are always the top player choices then you might want to change it so a champion can only be a players' choice champion so many times a season. Thanks for listening.

The Shpee

12-06-2013

can u guys pls let ziggs be f2p next week?i've been waiting for 1 year and he is still not f2p

Synaptial

12-06-2013

I don't know if you all have gotten this idea thrown in yet, but what if you did like lottery tickets in a hat, put their names on little slips of paper, put them in a hat, mix them up thoroughly and then then the first 8 you pull out are the free week selection.