How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwesomeNameHere

09-10-2013

You rly think the "random" que quitters are rly "random"? They can see whom you pick during blind picks with 3rd party hacks that sniff out Riot server ports to see who the other team draws.

Think thats fair? Ya, just a game, bla bla bla, but did your football/baseball/soccer/hocky coach tell you its ok to cheat to "win"? Yea, the "que-quitters" are "banned" for 30 min, but what happens when you have a decent team; the other team has someone who is sniffing and drops que. You are screwed. I do not play premades, as i dont like giving HJ's after the game.

But, keep in mind, they are out there and LoL/Riot are and is putting money on the line. Better think again before you belly up and think you are good. It is pre-\determined as they can see who is/was being picked during Champ selection. (Obviously during draft, but blind might as well be draft) dont be fooled.

Why do you think you were asked to change your password 2 weeks ago. (if you use a C.C. for this game and RP, sorry for ya)

Naneofox

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeNameHere View Post
You rly think the "random" que quitters are rly "random"? They can see whom you pick during blind picks with 3rd party hacks that sniff out Riot server ports to see who the other team draws.

Think thats fair? Ya, just a game, bla bla bla, but did your football/baseball/soccer/hocky coach tell you its ok to cheat to "win"? Yea, the "que-quitters" are "banned" for 30 min, but what happens when you have a decent team; the other team has someone who is sniffing and drops que. You are screwed. I do not play premades, as i dont like giving HJ's after the game.

But, keep in mind, they are out there and LoL/Riot are and is putting money on the line. Better think again before you belly up and think you are good. It is pre-\determined as they can see who is/was being picked during Champ selection. (Obviously during draft, but blind might as well be draft) dont be fooled.

Why do you think you were asked to change your password 2 weeks ago. (if you use a C.C. for this game and RP, sorry for ya)
In blind pick, even if they know you have a champion, and they try to counter pick your champion, its all about skill. Its not ranked. There are people who are bad in ranked and blind. And who cares if they counter pick your champ? You are probably more skilled with that champion than the other person who picked that champion to counter your pick.

IXBlackStarXI

09-10-2013

you guys really want us to play rengar???

SirMuncher

09-10-2013

Rengar is free 2 weeks in a row, Wow

xakannax

09-10-2013

I just want to say as a newer player(lvl 13) I really appreciate the hero rotation system. I have no idea what heros I want to buy until I play them (outside of unlocking all the 450s of course which I already did) and will probably never buy a hero over 1350 without trying it out first.

I was particularly pleased with last weeks rotation because you featured several 6300 heros like thresh and galeo which will be 1313213 games before I can reasonably afford. As a new player it's very hard for me to want to invest in any 6300 heros since I could easily unlock 4 1350s or 2 3150 and there are so many 6300s to choose from(I have no idea which ones I would like). Same applies for me buying riot points really, I have no reason to do it if I don't know that I like how a hero plays, so the more 6300s you preview, the more likely it is I will buy riot points to unlock them if I like them instead of trying to save 6300IP each time.

Feedback wise I would love to see 2 6300 heros and 4 3150/4800s in every rotation so newer people have an idea of what heros they really want to save up for or buy riot points to get (because its a long time to save 6300IP). I would also love to see you throw in 1 "complicated" hero every week so new players aren't constantly being spoon fed easy heros and have a chance to see what skill heros can do. There are plenty of new players that join with previous moba experience and enjoy figuring out heros that require skill. For example I loved playing thresh in the last rotation because he was the hero that needed the most skill and timing to be good with but when used right he became a beast that could carry games by saving allies and picking off enemies and I hated varus because he really took no skill whatsoever to use leaving me extremely bored whenever I played him.

-----
Completely unrelated note what makes a hero cost 3150 vs 6300? I really cant figure it out, I assume 6300 heros are better/stronger than the rest somehow but some of the lower priced heros are really good too.

EasleyAmused

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xakannax View Post
I just want to say as a newer player(lvl 13) I really appreciate the hero rotation system. I have no idea what heros I want to buy until I play them (outside of unlocking all the 450s of course which I already did) and will probably never buy a hero over 1350 without trying it out first.

I was particularly pleased with last weeks rotation because you featured several 6300 heros like thresh and galeo which will be 1313213 games before I can reasonably afford. As a new player it's very hard for me to want to invest in any 6300 heros since I could easily unlock 4 1350s or 2 3150 and there are so many 6300s to choose from(I have no idea which ones I would like). Same applies for me buying riot points really, I have no reason to do it if I don't know that I like how a hero plays, so the more 6300s you preview, the more likely it is I will buy riot points to unlock them if I like them instead of trying to save 6300IP each time.

Feedback wise I would love to see 2 6300 heros and 4 3150/4800s in every rotation so newer people have an idea of what heros they really want to save up for or buy riot points to get (because its a long time to save 6300IP). I would also love to see you throw in 1 "complicated" hero every week so new players aren't constantly being spoon fed easy heros and have a chance to see what skill heros can do. There are plenty of new players that join with previous moba experience and enjoy figuring out heros that require skill. For example I loved playing thresh in the last rotation because he was the hero that needed the most skill and timing to be good with but when used right he became a beast that could carry games by saving allies and picking off enemies and I hated varus because he really took no skill whatsoever to use leaving me extremely bored whenever I played him.

-----
Completely unrelated note what makes a hero cost 3150 vs 6300? I really cant figure it out, I assume 6300 heros are better/stronger than the rest somehow but some of the lower priced heros are really good too.

Pricing generally comes from difficulty, time the champ has been in the game, and overall tier that the champion rests in. Notice all the champions released this season basically are 6300. There are other factors but also look at the champions everyone dreads going up against. Most of them are 6300. 450 are the easiest to play, with 1350 requiring a bit more skill. The 3150 champs are usualy really good as well, and this is when you really hit the ranked tier champions, the ones that will absolutely wreck you if you're not careful. Popularity also plays a role.

As for your RP comment, you should really use the RP to invest in skins and boosts. There's no reason to spend money on a champion that you can get from games. This way you also learn whatever your flavor of the week is more fully, allowing you to become a very skilled summoner. It takes time, but trust me, you'll want to spend money on skins rather than champs. The only time I'd recommend buying a champion is if you see them go on sale and you like them.

As for Varus, he is 6300 because he actually requires a small amount of skill in the beginning and by late game if built right, he absolutely decimates everything in his path. I've had him go up against a Master Yi single-handed and win. The ADC requires skill in the beginning and middle of the game, but by late game you should be able to just delete people. Every champion requires some amount of skill, and their pricing is loosely based off of this.

Dony PT

09-10-2013

lee sin free plz

snakekid36

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer4barbies View Post
lee sin free plz
If you like 125% lifesteal and 600 damage Q's every 4 seconds then of course

Yeomin

09-10-2013

hi

Yeomin

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakekid36 View Post
I like league of legends
league of legends should be the best game in the history of the universe!