How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonshineDawg

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quepha View Post
i'm getting grumpier every week over your blatant disregard for your goal of letting players try all the champions. Yorick and Sion (also Poppy but I bought her a long time ago) haven't been in the free week rotation for a very, very long time, and I have never had the chance to try them, while a lot of champions seem to almost every week (Leona for example is very common).

it seem as though Riot does not want their players to find styles of play they like among all the available champions, but only play specific styles adhering to their meta.
Sion and Yorick especially aren't played much. They tend to go for popular champs.

tristan3652

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonshineDawg View Post
Sion and Yorick especially aren't played much. They tend to go for popular champs.
And they do go along with meta genius Sion jungle or mid and yorick mid or top

Coup Detate

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p

I know i'm old news commenting on this, but since i'm reading it, i disagree with this. This would basically be a punishment for those who DID save their IP and RP in order to buy the new champ right away. As it is, when new champs come out, folks that buy the champs have a devil of a time playing them because there are so many other people who bought them, making the champs free would make it so that only people with fast connections would be able to use the new champ because they would be first in the game and just autolock it.

Also, Riot gives plenty of heads up when a new champ is comming out. Lucian the Purifier is next, and i have a small pocket of RP set aside for him as soon as he comes out. In the meantime, i'm also saving up IP (so i can buy him with that rather then RP). I almost have enough IP and that's me playing intermittently. So really there is no excuse for those who are "Unable to buy the new champ right away." If you want to buy the new champ, then stop spending on other stuff.

Noturu

08-13-2013

Its kay.. i didnt wanna stay calm this week anyways... LET THE CHEAP DEATHS AND ANNOYING GRABS COMMENCE!

Lokey

08-13-2013

what's the next rotation?

ShadowXLAS

08-14-2013

could you possibly make nocturne or zac free once? I REALLY want to get nocturne and zac but im afraid like warwick once i buy them i wont like the way the play

Caeldrym

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris

eenie meenie manie mow or a balance between roles like tanks, assassins, bruisers, etc. and AD and AP

either way

icy0

08-14-2013

Am i the only person on this thread who likes the way it is?!? Jw

havio

Recruiter

08-15-2013

Thx for the info

Artyom Vexis

08-19-2013

I'd love to see Shaco, Syndra, Lee Sin, Rengar, Karma, and Karthus free.