How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gottenks12344

08-04-2013

I love the way you (Riot Games) selects champions, however I would like to suggest a way to pick champions. As everyone knows you put out new champions at the beginning of every month, so the conclusion I came to would be to release the new champion in Week 2 or if possible Week 1 of the month. I believe if this is done it would allow Summoners (like me) who do not buy RP and gain IP to play the new champions. Of course Summoners who do save IP can eventually buy champions but would have to save alot of IP to get to that goal, having great reward for obtaining the feat of 6300 IP or even now with Lucian 7800 IP. I only say all this to help all the Summoners who enjoy League of Legends for the free aspects and would like a chance to try new champions when Summoners who buy RP get them also. Thank you for reading my rant and I would very much appreciate a reply back from one of my favorite game developers.

Sincerely, the speaker of the people,
Gottenks12344

Terra D Serph

08-04-2013

I'ma cross my fingers and hope for Ahri this next week, even though I think she was here two weeks ago.

If she's there, free week to play and learn her! If not, looks like I'm buying her. xD

Mythanthalus

08-05-2013

I would like to see an IP cost bump-down for the champs in rotation. This would provide incentive for players to get the champs they like, provide a spike in the IP economy and let players play Draft pick sooner. Of course, there are drawbacks since some players will really need the experience normal IP buys would give them relative to time spent. Yet, on the learning curve with a time scale of played time within the alogrithym, then the RP players are at more of a loss, so the point of time spent for experience within the game is moot beyond profitability.

xXNinja47

08-06-2013

thxs for info riot chris

PenoMinoouohuaos

08-06-2013

Yea thx

Jazzannova

08-06-2013

Please i want to play with Lee Sin i'm low level so i can't buy champions like Lee cause they cost 4800IP and 6300IP so i don't have IP's. Thanks Riot.

ShadowK16

08-06-2013

Some of these champions are not really balanced and some are repeated alot. It's probably based on how much they are worth and stuff.

The Lexer

08-06-2013

I'd like to see Darius and Shaco soon. THX

Quepha

08-08-2013

i'm getting grumpier every week over your blatant disregard for your goal of letting players try all the champions. Yorick and Sion (also Poppy but I bought her a long time ago) haven't been in the free week rotation for a very, very long time, and I have never had the chance to try them, while a lot of champions seem to almost every week (Leona for example is very common).

it seem as though Riot does not want their players to find styles of play they like among all the available champions, but only play specific styles adhering to their meta.

Yoko318

08-11-2013

Perhaps you could institute a vote for half of the free champs, or have a "User-Selected" champ added to the current system. The voting could be a sub page on the champions tab of your summoner profile, and each week you can cast your vote. At a designated time (say Thursday morning) the voting closes and the most popular champion is added to the rotation. This would give players opportunity to have more say in the selection process, and perhaps champs that aren't seen as often in the regular rotation would have more time in the light. If you don't want a certain champ to be selected, simply make it so people can't vote for them.