How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the sagdaddy

Recruiter

07-29-2013

imo u guys are doing a great job with who to pick for free weeks. theres always at least 1 of each role (adc, supp, jungle, mid, top) which is the main thing required for those with not that many champs. Also thx for creating such a fun game to play!!

The Committee

07-29-2013

Can this thread get closed, all it is seems to be new players, who don't know that riot never plays attention to this thread, requesting certain champs on the free week rotation,

asreality

07-30-2013

Great thing to know how it works

cBowen

07-30-2013

I was just wondering, should we expect an end to the free champions any time soon?? Or will there always be a series of Free champions to play?

upendra

07-30-2013

Pls make vi on sale i hv 531 rp make h.er on sale pls Ty riot u

HydroBalls

07-31-2013

d; Im hoping Zac will be free to play later on, but i doubt it.

FallingAngelz

07-31-2013

Thanks riot, will Lucian be on free week when he comes out?I really hope he dose

Bandet

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
Could you perhaps have a voting system, where the community votes on several champions we want to see free next week?

You could do it by category, which adc, which jungle... etc. There are many for every role, but you guys could narrow it down to 3-4 options, and let us vote from there.

Xiaokang8

08-01-2013

So what I wanted to know... Why did you choose the champions (like there are many ones that are simple to play)?

DamianWhat

08-04-2013

In my point of view, each rotation should have 2 of each role. Which it kinda does already though so... Ya, keep doing that.