How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blujadajhdja

07-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive View Post
juniors are idiots
Normally, I would say that you're being a ******, but after reading some of the Junior Member posts above you, LOL.

Perseus433

07-28-2013

hi

Erick Dota

07-29-2013

I'd love to see:
Varus
Draven
Ziggs
Hecarim
Vi
Karthus
Nautilus
Zilean

Deathlathor

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I think u should rotate every week with 2 tanks, 2 mages, 2 support, and 2 ad, and switch the roles up each week

dmadpanda

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlathor View Post
I think u should rotate every week with 2 tanks, 2 mages, 2 support, and 2 ad, and switch the roles up each week
u all suck! theres is no jungle
your FAT

dmadpanda

07-29-2013

.'
I LIKE POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
From time to time we get questions on how we chose weekly free champions. We rotate the Champions to keep the game fresh for those that haven't unlocked all the Champions.

Here is how we choose which ones are free:

Champion Rotation Goals
1) Give new players some simple Champions to play
2) Provide a balance of types of Champions for new players
-- This allows new players to make balanced teams
3) Allow players to preview all Champions eventually

Given these goals we look at player feedback, and decide which Champions should be free next week that allow us to meet these goals.

-------------------

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q Will new Champions always be free the first week?
A No, we will debut Champions that need to be unlocked, but eventually they will be free (see goal 3).

Q Will some Champions be free more often than others?
A Yes, because some Champions are simpler to play that others, and our first goal with the free Champion rotation is to allow new players simple Champions to try for their first games.

Q I don't think Alistar is a Tank
A Okay - not a question, but yes, thanks to our item system, Champions can be built different ways. That means many Champions can be played as different types (for example, as a Tank or Melee DPS). To keep things simple, we list only one type for each Champion in our statistics, but many of them can be played differently than the type we list.

Q Do the Champions rotate on the same day every week?
A No. We often synch the Champion rotation with the new content and patches we are releasing. Because we won't release the patches until they are done, this means they sometimes don't fall on the same day each week. This leads us to rotate our Champions on different days of the week to try and get even amounts of time between Champion rotations. This is also why we don't announce the exact date of the rotation.

I'll link to this post from the Champion rotation announcements to answer the questions that keep coming up. If there are more frequently asked questions, I'll post the answers here.

Thanks for all the requests for free Champions!

- RiotChris
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hi?

dmadpanda

07-29-2013

asfsdagdfgdagdasfghfg

DewiDarling

07-29-2013

I would like Graves, Rumble, Lulu, Shaco, Swain to be free soon.

OryxMB

07-29-2013

The only weird thing is that each week of the champion rotation, I sometimes buy a champion a week that when I do, it crazy that the same champion is free the next week.

Zeninth

07-29-2013

Let's have theme weeks! All girls, all guys, all Yordles, all mechanical. YAY!!!!