How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iasona

07-20-2013

I want you guys to put Caitlyn on again she is fun to use

Coccyx420

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Good suggestions Giggz (and welcome to the US forums). However, some of the Champions have positive or negative synergies across types. For instance, if we made Twitch and Shaco free the same week, it would be stealth-city. Or what about Ryze, Morgana, Blitzcrank and Malphite - that would be stun-ville (but they're all different types). That could happen coincidentally if we used lists of types, so I like the personally-tweaked rotations rather than automatic (and then we can listen to player requests). It also ensures that we have enough easy Champions in the rotations - our #1 goal.

- RiotChris
Just noticed this post and then started viewing past champions.

Then it just so happens that this selection is made
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3589740

Zac(interrupt)
Draven(interrupt)
Karma (stun)
Maokai (stun)
Ryze(Stun)
Lux (Stun)
TF (Stun)
Irelia (stun)
Renekton (stun)

It gets to the point that some days will just have to be Stun city, invisicity and global city.

So what?

At least with the suggested rotation from earlier, you eventually come across all champs and less QQ.

@RiotChris

iasona

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancientkillerx52 View Post
malphite is free alot now
they probably think he is easy to use but when I try him I suck.

iasona

07-20-2013

I would love to see thresh, lee sin, lux, rengar, lissandra, VI, Diana, elise, fiora and brand I know it would be like the week of expensive people but they are people I want to test before I think about buying them. Thank you

iasona

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx420 View Post

Zac(interrupt)
Draven(interrupt)
Karma (stun)
Maokai (stun)
Ryze(Stun)
Lux (Stun)
TF (Stun)
Irelia (stun)
Renekton (stun)

It gets to the point that some days will just have to be Stun city, invisicity and global city.

So what?

At least with the suggested rotation from earlier, you eventually come across all champs and less QQ.

@RiotChris
I definitely agree and for me as a level 9 or 10 summoner level I was back then it was kind of hard to control but that is just my opinion.

Lilmk

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx420 View Post

Zac(interrupt)
Draven(interrupt)
Karma (stun)
Maokai (stun)
Ryze(Stun)
Lux (Stun)

TF (Stun)
Irelia (stun)
Renekton (stun)

So what?

@RiotChris
wat?

Manchineel

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Good suggestions Giggz (and welcome to the US forums). However, some of the Champions have positive or negative synergies across types. For instance, if we made Twitch and Shaco free the same week, it would be stealth-city. Or what about Ryze, Morgana, Blitzcrank and Malphite - that would be stun-ville (but they're all different types). That could happen coincidentally if we used lists of types, so I like the personally-tweaked rotations rather than automatic (and then we can listen to player requests). It also ensures that we have enough easy Champions in the rotations - our #1 goal.

- RiotChris
how do you go about getting player requests? i was thinking a poll could be started every week where we could all vote on what champ we want free for that week with not being able to choose the same champ more than once a month

iasona

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhij View Post
In my mind new champions should not be free on week of release.
I have 3 reasons why Riot should not put champions out week of release.
1. People would be arguing and raging over who plays the champion and would be angry if they didn't get to play the champion.
2. People willing to buy and spend RP on these champions may not be willing to do so if they don't like the champion as much as they expected. IE: Riot would not be making as much money. (Which they deserve. )
3. The champion would be way overused in-game.

Also for all those people who think the same would happen in following weeks:
-I think peoples excitement would ware down in the week.
-People would understand how the champion is played from different resources and may not be as excited to play the champion.
-If people are not as excited to play the champion it will not be as over played.
I thought that would happen with ziggs because of the skin pool party ziggs which you got for free if you went into the Oceania server early enough but I was wrong and they have a whole week to try play the new champs. I agree with your statement but don't at the same time if that makes sense :P.

IICrowII

07-20-2013

Maokai's Q knocks players into the air for a bit, that much is a (brief) stun. The others are roots.

Overall, League has a lot more CC (with each source of CC being of less duration) than it once did, and this announcement was made back in 2010.

iasona

07-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the game 007 View Post
I think you guys should put more 6300 champs within the rotation. The more 6300 champs you have, the more people are going to test them and pay for them. Its win-win for everyone. They get to test out champs and you guys get free cash.
what if they do not buy RP and spend it on the champions its not really win-win its more like only win for us players because they don't get real life cash only in game cash (if it even goes to them I'm not sure if it does) and that is kind of pointless because they probably already have all the champions but it is just my opinion.