How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aviroll

07-06-2013

I would like Zed as the weekly free champion i played a lot of mages and i want to try some melee and Zed seems like a cool melee to start with

Landragon

07-07-2013

Good Guy RiotChris

Krim32

07-07-2013

zed please

Zarxous

07-07-2013

Like to see someone who isn't commonly placed in rotation. Such as Galeo, Diana, Cassiopeia, Volibear, etc.

CABRICHGUY

07-08-2013

I would really like zed to be free and Jayce and elise i picked these champs cause they are really cool i don't remember the last time they were even free can you also make thresh free too and vayne and some other cool champs thx

Mellowshroom888

07-08-2013

Why is it that Teemo is free to play so much? I've seen Teemo be free to play at least 3 times in the last few months and there are some champions that I haven't seen free to play at all. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I have to admit that Teemo is one of the most annoying champions of the group and I see enough of him as it is lol.

Medeival Spawn12

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
Actually thats a good point but at the same time having a small group of people give feedback could actually help a bit more considering if they have extra ip they have been playing for a while. but you do have a good point im not saying you dont.

oddkiller415289

07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
i dont think you should rotate easier champs cause to some people LeBlanc is hard and to others shes not if you understand what i mean

Xandari

07-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddkiller415289 View Post
i dont think you should rotate easier champs cause to some people LeBlanc is hard and to others shes not if you understand what i mean
Isn't that the point of League? To some people _____ champ is hard and to some it's not. Simply removing the champ that someone says is "easy" wouldn't matter. There is always someone who finds a champ easy, and someone who finds a champ hard. Thats the point of league.

except Ap master yi…..

no but really Ap yi…….so broken,so easy

exospectre

07-09-2013

Well, I understand your quest for balance but I would like to suggest a somewhat pattern for the weekly rotation, I believe you should choose a champion from each role them being as follow. AD Carry, AP Carry, Tank, Support, Assassin, AD Off Tank, AP Off Tank, and finally Jungle. This allows the new players a chance to play a little bit of everything but rotate between easy to play and a tad bit more difficulty so they learn the more advances of the champions as you play more and more.