How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FamousJayx

05-14-2013

Thank u for the info

Phiisch

05-15-2013

just tryin to be helpful in anyway i can. in my opinion (not tryin to be unconstructive)
i think thata new champs sjould be free the first week, or at least soon after they are released. reason? because then not only will everyone have the option to try them out to see if they like them, and if not, they wont waste their precious few ip on a champ they might use once.
then players can give feedback (qouted from sinfulhope) and really, this is a win-win situation for players and riot

ChOppEr1925

05-16-2013

:3

Fellow SunBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2013

lol. New players making balanced teams? Surely you jest.

Kameroonian

05-16-2013

I have been wondering about this for a long time and I greatly appreciate this blog. Now i can answer more questions so that I can get more people to enjoy League!

~Kameroonian

Kameroonian

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
If you want to hate something for not having a pattern, hate the lottery :P
Totally agree on the response!

BUBBA CHANG

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris

Can you please make the champion wukong or draven free next week? Thanks

ricardo3909

05-20-2013

Lomariza

05-20-2013

Eh.. Riot is doing a great job with this game. Even with being pretty much free to play, so I don't know why some of these kids are complaining on a forum post about how they pick the 10 free champs for the week. I always find them well picked because there is usually a variety of them rather then like all ADs or all APs etc. Keep up the great work Riot Games!

Zphyre

05-21-2013

Well to me I just wish it was something more like. 2 1350 IP Less champions are free every week and 8 3150 IP +. It's so people can try champs before they buy them instead of buying them then hating them, but then refund came out but what if they wasted all there refunds? Most people will say bad luck but I'd say meh.