How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooon147

04-08-2013

I think the best and op champions should be free rotation

GekkoST

04-08-2013

"What champions are terrible if you don't know how to play them? we'll make them free week champs this week."

Youre gonna lose

04-08-2013

I feel like all week I'm going to face pro blitwhatz/cait pairs and be paired with feeding kats and what not =/

GreenTeaLeaf

04-08-2013

I would love to see Syndra on the list. She's incredibly difficult to master, so it would be good to try her out before buying her.

awesomeness777

04-08-2013

thanks for information

dontkilldyl

04-08-2013

Please make Ziggs and Thresh free in the next rotation, I would really like to try them both before i think about buying them

aliceandsven

04-08-2013

Why is any of this even necessary? Can't you make enough money by selling cosmetics? Do you really need to make people grind to unlock that champion from whichever week that they WANT to keep playing as?

In a competitive game I would think it's important that players have access to all options, so that teams can build and play how they want to. I don't see any downside to that. That's how competitive games have worked for a long time and it makes sense, I hope that much is obvious.

Plus;

"Q Will new Champions always be free the first week?
A No, we will debut Champions that need to be unlocked, but eventually they will be free (see goal 3)."

This is a blatant money-making policy, on top of the fact that all new champions are ridiculously expensive IP wise... but you already have all of those skins which cost ~ $5 a pop, not to mention characters have MULTIPLE skins... A fan of one character might make multiple purchases! That alone seems like a fine and acceptable money-making policy to me, and doesn't intrude on a players ability to, well, PLAY the game.

XdragongoldsagaX

04-09-2013

http://http://rprewards.com/?ref=qbJ5yXg8hi damacia mundo and hecrim are my favorite champ of league of legend hay why dont use him and also click this button that had blue words this button to let me earn a free champs

mellamoalej

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
There are more than just a few people with the IP or RP to spare, also that's what the PBE is for. It's not a charity! Buy new champs and support Riot Games!

Apocalipto1212

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulHope View Post
this is the only thing that i personally see as the only problem...

imo i think New/Upcoming Champs should always be free the week they are released
for the simple reason of balance...

i mean think about it, lets say udyr wasn't free the week he was released that means only a few who either had extra IP and or bought him with RP would have played him, and thus

only a small portion of the community would have been able to give feed back on him...

cause i mean lets face it only reason udyr was even brought up was because he was free the week he was released and a ton of players played him and gave the feedback on him,

just my 2 cents on the subject =p
I agree with him. I think champs should be free to play the week they're released. It's so people can give them a try and not have to waist RP/IP to buy them if they don't like the champion, and if Riot is not making them free the first week on purpose I think (IN MY OPINION) it straight up cheap of them.