How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Musical Symphony

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralinISqwerty View Post
This is already in effect, every role is filled with each week's free rotation.
There is no free jungler, tank, or stealth this week. Instead there are 3 assassins, 3 mages, and 3 fighters. While some of them are somewhat stealthy, such as Nocturne, he is the only one other than kennen that might fit the Stealth category that is on this week, and none of the free champs are truly tanky. While one might argue that Malphite is tanky enough, let's face it. Malphite just isn't as good of a tank as some of the other champions.

Also, none of the current champions really work as a jungler all that well.

grimreepa

03-15-2013

PLEASE make twitch free next week.... PLEASE

Shivin302

03-16-2013

I would like Kha Zix, Rengar or Diana to be free soon. I really want to try those champs.

CharlieZmb

03-18-2013

Fizz tomorrow, Fizz tomorrow, Fizz tomorrow, Fizz tomorrow, Fizz tomorrow, Fizz tomorrow, Fizz tomorrow. Ty Riot :3

BOSxRaptor

03-18-2013

I think syndra should be free because shes expensive coool and a fun champion that higher levels who dont own her could use her and very hard to play!

Joseferrr

03-18-2013

Why must you keep it secret till day before? if i plan on buying a champion it would be nice to see if they'll be free any time soon. Explanation please.

Joseferrr

03-18-2013

Why do you keep it secret till day before? if i plan on buying a new champion id like to see if they'll be free anytime soon so i can wait and see if i even like playing with them. i understand that that would be hard with new champions and what not. but you could leave one spot with a question mark over it! I think that would be cool anyways..
Just my 2 cents worth..

Kitsune of Chaos

03-18-2013

WOO! More pirates to play! I love the new rotation. Can't wait to use them

BlimpAtomic

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I think I'd like to see a nice balance, which is something you do have. Try and give us free champs that would work in a team, like a jungler or two, a solo top, maybe a few mids and an adc and a tank. This way, players can try out champs they don't own for the different lanes.

mattchewlynn

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseferrr View Post
Why must you keep it secret till day before? if i plan on buying a champion it would be nice to see if they'll be free any time soon. Explanation please.
Lol well that wouldn't make for very good "sense of urgency" type business, now would it?