How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J0KERtime

03-04-2013

Sooo, where's Draven been all this time? And Cassiopeia? I'm all for variety of champion availability, but it's not fair to those of us who want to test out a champ before buying and they never end up on the roster.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Would love to see Leona for a week soon...

Great support to teach people the role on.

50centshot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-04-2013

good to know =)

ToXiiK Frost

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
I'd like to see a bracket for champion selection, for example, have 1-10 have easy champions, and 11-20 Medium difficulty, and 21-30 hard difficulty. But also have some easy champions mixed in the brackets.

JimsHardcore

03-04-2013

inb4 April 1st = Teemo, Teemo, Teemo, Teemo, Teemo, Teemo, Teemo, Teemo, Teemo, Teemo.

TheNewDark

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke Inn View Post
I like the idea of a regular rotation repeating every 8 weeks or so. But there are just over 100 champions, so do a 10 week rotation through them all. For champions over 100, add 1 to each week, so that some weeks have an extra champion. Also do this for new champions. Once 10 of these extras are reached, wait until the end of the rotation and choose a champion from each of the weeks that have 11. These 10 champions will go to week 11 in the new 11 week rotation. Rinse, wash, repeat.
bump

Coolh4x0r

03-05-2013

this is serious guys
i want to buy karma after looking at her lolwiki page (sleeper op support huehuehue), but want to test her in game before buying her to see if i "click" with her. Since i started LoL in october, she hasn't been free even once in the 20 weeks which is 20X10=200 free champs. Any chance she can be free soon?

also, releasing quinn on the same week cait, queen of adc lane bullies, was free, was probably a bad idea. (grammar?) so maybe not release champions the same week their hard counter(s) are free?

Hiryuu16

03-05-2013

If the wikia page is accurate, she basically sucks so hard right now that they won't parade her out until she gets a rework:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...mpion_rotation

Her Ranked win rate seems to bear that out.

Keba Wuff

03-05-2013

Can I honestly ask that Fizz be made free soon? :P I've been wanting to give him a try and he hasn't been free to play for a good long time. Actually now that I think about it, I think the only champions I haven't seen free to play is Fizz, Shaco, and Nocturne.

Ramsey80

Recruiter

03-05-2013

Would you mind putting ms fortune on there never tried her yet