How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anto1

02-11-2013

Please make Ahri or Orianna free, I understand they are hard for some people but those are really cool champions I would love to try if you do not mind.

Ryas115

02-11-2013

Has Riot Games considered making the Free Champion Rotation based on a vote by summoners like me, you know, just to mix it up a little? I can't say a lot of people would agree, and I'm not saying I'm not okay with the Rotation system (I mean, who am I to argue? I've only played since last December.), but basically, what I'm trying to get at is that a popularity voting system would give a chance to really explore player opinions. Please don't find this post ridiculous, I'm only saying what's on my mind. You guys just keep up the good work (and give Varus more skins!!!!) xD

VoxFortis

02-11-2013

Seeing as the number of champions is significantly larger than when the game first came out, I find the free rotation very lacking. If nothing else, the number of champions in the rotation needs to be increased.

The idea is to give players a taste of the champions, but with the current system this can be very hard. I suggest opening up all the champions to a limited number of plays. For example, whenever a new champion comes out everyone gets 3 free games with that champion, after which they'd need to purchase the champion (or wait for the rotation). Also, once a player hits level 30 they could get 3 free games with EVERY champion, allowing them a chance to experience every one. Right now, any champion I don't own that I don't see in games I will never play, which is unfortunate.

Squirrel Tree

02-11-2013

How about making half of the free champs(or some percentage/number of them) actually votable by the players, with the rest of the champions chosen by you guys? Once a champion has been recently chosen(either by us or you), it wouldn't be allowed to be chosen for a couple weeks by the players, to stop certain champs from being overused too much. Maybe give one vote for each person, and they can do it if they want?
Another system very similar to the first is that instead of just making some of them votable, you also create a list of 10 to 20 champions that are the only ones allowed to be voted for that week. It can be much easier to find out which champions won the most votes that way, and make it so that not all champs have a chance to be free even with the voting system.

deathtoll1

02-11-2013

why not put 6300 ip champs up more often as they're harder for people to get?

zZ Rambino

02-11-2013

No joke, these free champ rotations feel like I'm playing with same champs almost every week, I don't even remember the last time Draven was in the free week, it seems we need a new way to come up with the rotation.

Lord Raken

02-11-2013

The rotation of this week is interesting, but when the plan to implement? put the post for about ten hours, and put the rotation a day after the post ....

GenCross

02-11-2013

Why are the 450 IP champs so frequently in free week? They're so cheap that new players can try them even without them being on the free rotation.

Okabe Rintarou

02-11-2013

Out of all the champions they could choose from for this free week they just had to go with f*ckin' Teemo.

TinchoSantiago

02-11-2013

I really want to try Draven, Darius, Lee sin, Trundle and Karma :/